Monday, May 22, 2006

Monday Again.



They seem to come so quickly when you have a blog. It seriously seems I am always posting about it being Monday again. But today is no ordinary MOnday. It is the first day of potty training a certain little blond haired cutie. That's right. I am starting to potty train PayPay today. I am sure that there will be a lot of interesting happenings to blog about. So far, we have only been at it for a few hours. I am setting the timer for every 20 minutes and having her go sit on the potty. Hopefully we get lucky one of these times. On Friday I discussed what we would be doing, and we shook on it. I do not know why and I am fairly certain that her 2 year old brain did not know why we were "shaking on it". Wish me luck. Eric swears up and down that the pack of diapers that we bought last night was the last one. We will see!

Those of you who know and love Cameron will appreciate "That Popeye Smile" layout. Does not seem so long ago huh?? So he is asking Eric last night "Wouldn't it be fun on vacation if we would make a campfire and roast marshmellows?" Eric then proceeded to tell him that we do not want to be outside at night because there might be bears. The wheels in his head started turning and he started asking a million questions about the bears. Right now him and Payton are up front playing camp and I can hear him saying "look out for the bear". So those of you that are coming with us, be prepared! He is quite frightened of the prospect that we may see bears. Hopefully he will forget about it!

Had a fun Saturday. My friend Shaina and I had a mommy's day out. We had lunch and shopped. I dragged her out to the scrapbook store and forced her to look at patterned paper with me all afternoon. Just joking. But we did go out to the scrapbook store. I mean come on, I had money in my pocket and no kids with me. Hopefully she will become a scrapbooker now. Hopefully some of it rubbed off on her while she was there. She told me she enjoyed looking at all of it. I mean come on--how can you not?? LOL..

Those of you who may not know, Eric comes from a very large family. 5 boys and 3 girls. And not just a large family, but a family who grew up out in the country and LOVE to hunt and fish and anything outdoors. I grew up with 3 sisters. So anyway, I get home Saturday and Eric proudly proclaims that Cameron shot his first snake (a water mocassin) out behind his dad's house. Yes, they walked through tons and tons of banana spiders to look for snakes. So I am fairly certain that they found something enjoyable about this, but I just cannot for the life of me see what that would be. Walking thorough webs and webs of spiders to look for snakes? Ok, there is a definite reason that God made me a girl! And the fact that my sweet little boy is going to start partaking in these activities is a little much for me to take.

Ok, so as I am typing this post, I take a break to put Payton on the potty and she teetees on the potty . Oh my goodness!!!!! I was certainly not expecting this so soon, but Yay! Couldn't be prouder of this little chickadee! Hope everyone has a great day!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

YOu better warn the fam about the potty training before ya'll get in the Sequoia for 12 hours!!! That will be interesting.

Anonymous said...

BTW, The anonymous is Jenny

Anonymous said...

Love these layouts, just great!

darcy said...

Shot a snake?? GROSS!!! I'm with you.. yuck!

LOVE those pages, miss Amber!! I gotta go find them on 2Peas. =)

YEAH for mommy's day out!! Good for you. I'm sure you needed it before potty training came. =)

Ali said...

Excited about Cameron using weapons. I have been anxiously waiting for the chance to give him a Uzzi. I am excited to know he is ready for that gift.
AWESOME that paypay is starting to teetee on pottee, I am so happy for her, and very proud.
Like those scrapbook pages. You have inspired me to start scrapbooking...not really though.

On to Jr. High!