Thursday, May 11, 2006

Predictions, Hula Girls & Mother's Day

Ok, Eric is getting really good at predicting what will happen on our fave shows. It's quite surprising. Last week, he predicted about Micheal long before it happend, and for the last few weeks, he said it would be Taylor and Elliot in the final of A.I. I told him he was nuts, because let's face it, that seemed far fetched with Katharine and Chris still there. Low and behold, last night the one that I thought would win it all (Chris) was voted off! I was stunned. What is up with this guy predicting all of this?

We went last night to buy the kids new portable DVD players for our vacation next month. We get home and the remote for one does not work! UGH! We got the other remote working on both DVD's, so we know that it is the remote, not the player. Eric suggested that we just keep that one and use one remote on both. I am thinking with those two kids, not a great idea. I can see them fighting before we leave the driveway. So today , I must box it back up and go see if I can exchange it. Isn't that aggrivating? Can't they make sure it works before boxing it up to sell it? Not to mention that we had to wait 35 minutes just for someone to come and help us with them last night. Sorry, just had to vent on that!

Cameron's spring program is next Wednesday. He has to wear his bathing suit, flip flops & a Hawiiaan shirt. The girls will be dressed as Hula girls and they will be singing songs like "Surfin' USA". He has been going around the house singing his songs all week. Should be very cute! He is also singing "If I were a Butterfly, I'd thank you Lord for giving me wings." Another song I remember from when I was young. Love it when she teaches them all of these songs that I used to sing as a kid, but have since forgotten the words, and he comes home singing them. It's so great!!

Mother's Day this weekend, and along with it a very busy week for Eric. He has to work Saturday and has been very busy all week. So Happy Mother's Day to all you mom's out there! Hope that this one is a great one.

3 comments:

Brandy Schaaf said...

Where are y'all goin on vacation?

darcy said...

Hiya, Amber!!! Oooo.. vacation!!! Stinks about the DVD player.. hope it wasn't a problem to exchange!!!

Happy Mom's Day on Sunday!!!

Ali said...

Hats off to Eric on his predictions...Desmond was there they just didn't focus on him, he walked in front of Sawyer and Kate as they were going get the Heroine. I had a hunch they would bring him back in the picture some day.
Vacation is coming up!
Cameron singing surfin USA must be pretty funny!
Also, Happy Mothers' Day...because I have seen your mothering skills and think you are doing a great job!

On to Jr. High!