Monday, June 05, 2006

7 Years!!

Well today marks the day of Eric and I's 7th anniversary. On this day in 1999, at 2:00 in the afternoon, we were getting married. So I decided to dedicate this entry to my wonderful hubby even though he is hardly ever on the computer and I am certain never reads this thing, LoL.
We celebrated on Friday. We went to Baton Rouge and ate at the Melting Pot. What a neat place that is! The whole experience is just so cool.

My favorites were the appetizer, salad & of course the dessert. What's not to love about cheesecake smothered in chocolate, caramel & pecans. Ok, I'm getting hungry just typing about it. I know that some of you that read this thing have eaten there, thanks for the recommendation. We really enjoyed every minute of it. I must admit boiling steak was very interesting, but it was such a neat process. And Brandy, you were right, we did get the Fiesta cheese appetizer. I had to break Eric in gently, I mean he is a rice and gravy kind of guy. Eating at the Melting Pot was way out of the norm for him, but he says he liked it nonetheless. He mainly ate the chips and cheese for the first course. My fave was the bread dipped in the cheese-Yummy!!!

After all that food, we didn't want to have to drive home, so we just stayed the night. Saturday we went out to the outlet mall and did a little shopping. It was such a great time. We enjoyed our weekend so much. Hope to have a few pics to share soon, didn't get to take many as my batteries, that I thought were fully charged, were indeed almost dead. Don't you love it when that happens?

This man is such a loving husband and father. He works so hard to make sure that I can stay home and raise the kiddies. Love you, Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and by the way, will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm sixty-four ;)?? LOL.

5 comments:

Brandy Schaaf said...

LOL
I know y'all too well. :)
I am glad you liked the food. Maybe we can convince the guys to take us sometime this fall.

Congrtulations on 7 years!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See you Saturday!

Love,
Jenny

Ali said...

Happy Anniversary!
I can't believe you guys were at the Melting Pot Friday Night and we didn't see ya'll. We were sitting in a booth on the right side closer to the kitchen area. Crazy!
Seven years...wow. It seems only yesterday! Jenny and I are about to hit 3 years...We celebrated our 4 year together mark on Becky's Birthday, hence our reason for being at the melting Pot!
Great Pics.

Michelle Sanders said...

So glad you enjoyed...told ya it rocked! Happy Anniversery!

darcy said...

Yeah for wedding anniversaries!!!! Congrats and you totally made me hungry reading about your melting pot dinner.. YUM!!!

On to Jr. High!