Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Finally!

The banner is up. And that makes me happy. Unbelievable how difficult it is to do these sorts of things on blogger. And if anyone needs to know how, don't ask me, lol. It was basically dumb luck that I have it up. Tried many many things before I finally got it.

Going shopping with my nieces today, to decorate their bedrooms. Quite nervous about this! I think my decorating style is good-for me and my family. But helping someone else makes me nervous-and excited. I just hope that they like whatever turns out. If it looks good, I'll post pics. They both love Payton's room, so that makes me feel a little bit better. Their rooms are painted and bedding is in, so it's really just a matter of decorating.

Wanna hear something funny? Because our last name is Castro, people tend to think that we are Spanish/Mexican/Latin. We get phone calls and mail in Spanish all the time. Those Columbia House fliers that you get in the mail? Yeah, ours are all in Spanish, with only Latin music. Even credit card applications in all Spanish. When the caller id says "Los Angeles", I know whats coming before I even answer. Most of the time I don't answer, but sometimes I am curious to see if it is them calling again. Usually the lady goes into this long monologue all in Spanish, then I say "I don't speak Spanish", then she says "sorry", click. Ok, so I think it's funny!

We went to meet Eric for lunch yesterday. Tried a new restaurant-a Mexican one-LoL. Very good food. I was impressed. We absolutely love Mexican food, so it's always good to find a good restaurant. Then we drove home. Took over an hour to get home. Sat in traffic for about 30 minutes and went about 2 miles. Which is super fun with the kiddos in the back seat! As soon as we walked in the door it was naptime. Not really--but I made it naptime. When the kids woke up, they went out in the back yard to play while I cooked dinner. When I looked out to check on them, Cameron was pushing Payton on the swing. It was the cutest thing ever. She was smiling really big, and he was just standing behind her pushing. I teared up. I know silly, but I just realized how big they really are and despite the continous fighting, they really do love each other. It was one of those moments.

Well, have I bored you all to tears with my rambling today? Will stop now-lol! Hope everyone has a great day!

5 comments:

darcy said...

LOVE your new blog header!! Isn't blogger so non-user friendly? Seriously, you need an undergrad in puters to figure anything out. I think we need to write up a petition for Mr. Blogger, sound good?

Good luck on your decorating!! Sounds like a blast!!!

Ali said...

I am sure you will do great in decorating their rooms. Also, congrats on finding another mexican restaurant that you guys enjoy. Props to Cam for being a great big brother. Also, nice header.

Jill H said...

awww, that big brother story melts my heart!! when Xave & Maria do sweet things for each other it is SO nice! nice to see them like that instead of fighting, for sure.

too funny about the confusion w/your last name! that cracks me up.

& i'm sure your nieces rooms will look awesome, your daughter's sure does!!

Jill H said...

oh yeah, LOVE that banner too!! congrats in getting it to work!

Anonymous said...

GREAT header amber, i have been wondering for ages how to get one on typepad. Still trying to work it out.
It is SO good to see the kiddies getting along isnt it? My two are at a particularly bad hitting each other on the head phase at the moment *sigh* hoping for a few more cutesie moments.

On to Jr. High!