Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Me.

I know that my family and some very close friends read this blog. I also know that people that don't know me so well read this blog. So, I decided to do a post about me. Just random facts and things that my family already knows pretty well.
*I am very tall. 5'11". Yeah that's tall for a girl. I was VERY self concious about my height for the majority of my life. I would never wear high shoes. I always felt uncomfortable when standing around in a group of people and I am a lot taller than everyone else. Things became a lot easier when I started dating Eric. He is 6'3". It was nice to be able to wear high shoes.

*Sadly, I am a pretty impatient person. This is something that I try to work on. Having 2 kids has definitely forced me to try and be a more patient person. You know you are pretty bad when at 3 years old, your son hollers from the back seat of the car "Go Woman!". Yeah I'm not so good with being patient in the car. I think I have a mild case of road rage.

*I am a christian. I love Jesus, but am nowhere being where I need to be in my walk with him. This is something that I have been trying to give extra attention to lately.

*I love to eat. Yeah, I do. Especially eating out. I am not so fond of cooking. I enjoy it sometimes, but it's not my favorite thing.

*I have very bad eyes. Probably very close to legally blind. Without my contacts or glasses, I cannot see ANYTHING. Once I was asked to take out my contacts and read the smallest line on the chart that I could see. I started laughing because I could not even see a chart. Hoping for laser surgery one of these days.

*I find it hard to motivate myself. Especially when it comes to exercise and diet. Something that is really been bugging me lately because, let's face it, after 2 kids my body just isn't what it once was.

*I graduated from college in 2001 with a degree in elem. education. I have never actually taught. I graduated in May and had Cam in Sept. My plan was to stay home with him for one year and start teaching. Well that never happend. I am still at home and kind of hope that I never have to teach. Let's face it, after staying home for 5 years, my brain is not what it used to be either. LoL.

*I will be 30 years old in a couple of months. I think that I am ok with that. LoL. Sometimes I kind of freak out when I think about it. But really, I'm ok with it.

*I adore having a little girl. I love having a boy as well and it has been nonstop adventure since the day Cameron was born. But I love buying bows and fixing up a girlie room and one day soon buying Barbies.

* I love painting, scrapbooking, anything crafty really. I am trying to start selling paintings on ebay. I just sold my first set and about to sell my second. Pretty excited.

Well hope you enjoyed these random facts about me. As you can probably tell, absolutely NOTHING too exciting has happend around here!

8 comments:

darcy said...

LOVE that you did this, Amber!! I had no clue that you were that tall!!! So fun.

I could tell that you were a Christian. =)

I"m sure you'll be a great teacher if you decide to head that route. =) So, so fun. You definitely have the creative aspect of a teacher!!!

darcy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Ali saved your blog in my favorites so that I can find it.

This is Neat.

Maw Pye will enjoy seeing the pictures and posts regularly. She gets very lonsome for you and the kids. This will serve as a great "Pick-Me-Up" for her.

Anonymous said...

i'm with you on loving the girlie thing Amber. We have been so dominated by trains and trucks since having a boy first but things are starting to look a little pink around here :)

Deanna G. said...

Amber! This is awesome. Love the little tid bits of info :) Totally had fun reading this to get to know more about you. I gotta try me some of this.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tidbits Amber! I see your twopeas posts every so often and it's nice to put a personality with the face!!
Jamie

Ali said...

I had no clue of any of those things about you! I thought you were 5'10"! I also, thought you graduated from college in 2000!

Anonymous said...

this was so fun. I missed it awhile back!
I am tall too.. 5'10". I don't do heels, cept in college, when they made my calves looked more buff!!
I appreciate those extra inches.. i can hide those extra pounds! HA
I strive everyday to deepen my walk and be a witness to those around me. its tough =)
I bet you'd be a fun teacher, you just seem real spunky ,not to mention VERY creative. but nothing is like playing with barbies!

On to Jr. High!