Friday, September 01, 2006

YEAH.....

A three day weekend. Gotta love those. Cameron is actually on a 4 day weekend, there was no school today. Somebody, however, forgot to tell the kids that when there is no school, we sleep in. LoL. They were still up at the regular old school day time.

It has been feeling soooo good over here. The humidity has basically been gone and the mornings and evenings are so nice and cool. Love that! But the pesky mosquitos are still out and about. We have all been chewed up over the last couple of nights. So, so ready for the fall. Crazy that it is the first of September. I mean, where did the summer go? Cameron's birthday coming up on the 24th. I have already started making his invitations. He wanted a Herbie party and since we are having his party at the Kart Ranch, I liked the idea of Herbie and racing as the theme. The only problem being, there is absolutely no Herbie party stuff out there, so I am having to do it all myself. My sis-in-law is going to do a Herbie cake for him. She rocks the cakes, she really does.

This is the one that she made for Payton's poodle party in Feb. It had the little eiffel tower and poodle cookie on top. It was soooo cute! I found a vw bug cake pan so it should be really cool to see what she comes up with.

Have a fabulous 3 day weekend everyone!!! Gotta love Labor Day!!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

hey girl!! love that LO. some good stuff there. that photo is classic.
and that pink poodle cake? what a creative theme for a party. can't wait to see the herbie. .
have an awesome and safe weekend!!

e said...

ooooh, that cake is amazing!!!
My oldest has a birthday coming up on the 23rd....nooo cutie pink polkie cake though. ;)
Herbie will be adorable...can't wait to see.
I hear you on fall...it's my FAVORITE season...it can't get here soon enough.
(of course, in the south...that's not for awhile...sigh)
SO glad I found your blog ;)
xxxe

Deanna G. said...

That is seriously one of my favorite layouts - haha... the commentary is just classic :) and that picture is so rad. Totally love it.

Does your SIL make cakes professionally? Cause she should! That pink poodle cake is the cutest.

On to Jr. High!