Thursday, February 15, 2007

Hope that Everyone...

had a wonderful Valentine's day. Mine started out a little shaky. I was working on my circle journal for round 2 when I got a call from Cam's school saying that he was sick so I needed to come and pick him up. Yes, sick. So we go and pick him up and he's running a fever and coughing and sleepy. So we get home and I give him medicine, put him to bed and Payton starts coughing like crazy. So bad that she couldn't stop. Mind you, we just went to the doctor for a check up on Tuesday and she was FINE. The majority of the afternoon was spent with one on each lap on the rocker with them coughing like crazy and me praying that I don't get it. So, here we go again. My children have been sick more in the last 2 months than they've been in their entire lives. Payton especially. She's hardly ever sick. I have a hunch that it could be due to the fact that on Tuesday it was 70 degrees and on Wednesday it was 48 degrees, today won't get over 45 and by next week, it'll be 72. That could be the problem.

So Eric comes home and I'm expecting him to leave for his basketball game, but he decides not to go because it's Valentine's day. And he gives me this
I was shocked. I really wasn't expecting anything, because we normally don't do too much for Valentine's day. I have been wanting to buy an ipod with my painting money. But, he surprised me with one. Shocked I tell you. So now I feel totally guilty and need to go out and find him something great for Friday. I'm in the process of handmaking his card but I wasn't quite finished. After supper, we put the kids to bed and watched American Idol and Lost. I'm not gonna go into the details about lost because we have a new blog for that, but let me just say that that was the closest I've ever come to dozing off during that show. From intense last week to nearly sleep inducing this week. What a difference a week makes. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't great, to me.

I kept Cam home today to make sure he gets better. Tomorrow night is grandma's house for them and date night for us. They HAVE to go, I tell ya. I've been looking forward to it for 2 weeks. So they must get better. LoL. I'll keep ya posted. Happy Thursday! :)

7 comments:

Heidi Joe said...

YAY!! I love the new ipod... you can watch Lost on it now! So what kind of stuffs do you paint??

I'm sorry your kiddos are under the weather again... hopefully with Spring around the corner all of that stuff will be gone. It's tough when the temp goes up and down so much. Hope you have a great time on your date night!

darcy said...

AWe.. a sick household again!!?? NO!!!

I'm with you.. I think I dosed off for a little bit last night during LOST.. it was WAY too slow moving for what they usually give us. Desmond's part of the story has never kept my interest either... =/ There's always next week!

Ali said...

You people don't know whats good until it bites you! That Lost was one of the best ones yet! My arms are still sore from trying to fake swim as fast as desmond! Also...time travel...I need not say anymore!

Congrats on the IPOD! Hope the kids get well quickly. Jenny and I will pray for them.

Alex Hardy said...

good call on keeping Cameron home.
my kids have never been sicker than those
first two years of school.
eeks!
what a sweetie your hubs is.....
& date night.
awesome.
now get those kiddo's in reasonable
shape for grandma's!
:)

Jill H said...

awww, what a Valentine gift!! gosh, good hubby for staying home too :) i'm so sorry your kids are sick again! i hope they get better soon for you. i kinda expected Lost to be a little slower last night, couldn't be as good as last week's i guess. but i thought it was still good, that 10pm time slot is killing my brain though!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay the story of my life right now. My son has been sick for so flippin long!! Its so hard when they dont feel good!

Deanna G. said...

Yay for Valentiine's Day with a new iPod, woooty flippin' woooooooooooo! So so so sweet of him, awww ;) Have fun tonight and hope the kiddies are filling better!

On to Jr. High!