Thursday, May 31, 2007

Wednesday...

was interesting. Last day of school. So at approximately 3:27pm, I go out to wait for the bus like I do everyday. Well this time, the bus goes flying by our stop without so much as a pause. I cannot quite explain the feeling that comes over you at that point. When your son should've gotten off, but the bus never even thinks of stopping. So I watch way down the street as he stops at the next stop, thinking surely Cameron will get off there. But he doesn't. So I run in the house dragging Payton behind me. Grab my shoes, purse, keys and run to the garage to start jumping in when I hear the familiar squeaky bus brakes. I run out of the garage to see Cameron coming. With a little doggie hat on his head, his nap mat, a bag and his booksack. In tears. As was I. I'm like hugging him in the middle of the street at this point so relieved. He had so much that he was carrying, I guess he got distracted and forgot to get up for his stop. A HUGE thank you to the bus driver though who never even thought about pausing to make sure that my 5 year old wasn't on the bus. :( I was quite upset. And on the last day of school.


On another brighter and happier note, Payton has been asking for a big girl bike. Well her birthday has passed and Christmas is still kinda far off. We've been putting it off and trying to make it to Christmas. So anyhoo, we're walking through Walmart on Sunday and find this little gem.


A $43.00 bike on clearance for $12.00. The only problem? The back tire is flat as a pancake and needs a new tube. Cost of tube? $2.50. Total cost of bike $14.50. She is riding like a big girl already. It took her a few hours to get the hang of it, but she's now riding like a pro. It has a bell, streamers, a little bag on the front, and her absolute fave-the baby seat on the back to ride CoCo around in. She has not ridden it yet without her baby in tow. Such a good find.

So summer has begun. All the kids out of school and it's supposed to be mid 90's by next week. And I'm soooo happy that it's Friday. Next week's our anniversary and I'm planning a little overnighter to Baton Rouge. We did the same thing last year, but it was so nice to just get away.

So happy that it's Friday (I've mentioned that already, huh?). AAAAHHHH. Why can't they all be short weeks like this one?

6 comments:

Ali said...

As I was reading...I was waiting for: "Eric drove up because he took off and surprised us with Cameron!"...Man...I have noticed no one takes pride in their work much anymore! You should have stuck him the bird! Although, I doubt it would have made a good example for the little ones!

Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Alex Hardy said...

yikes.
that was probably very scary.
happy to hear Cam was OK though.
& good golly!
little payton is adorable biking around
with her little baby.
NICE find mama!
HOOORAH.
Friday. Love it.

Jamie Ko said...

happy Friday!!!

poor Cameron, I would've been terrified too! dumb bus driver...

that bike of PayPayt's is so cool. I've never seen one with a baby seat in the back. and what a deal too...you can't beat 14.50 for sure!

Heidi Joe said...

That stinky old bus driver. I'm glad everyone is safe and sound, and well on their way to what looks like a fun summer! Wooty woo!

It's supposed to be butt hot here next week, too. I'm ready. Too much rain here lately!

Jill H said...

oh gosh i would have FREAKED out!! glad to hear Cameron was fine, but you'd think a bus driver would watch out for the little kids more. love the bike, that was a great bargain!!

Deanna G. said...

the weekend went by way too quick. i love to talk about the days and how quickly they seem to escape me, lol. definately postable content.

my heart sunk as i started reading the cam story. holy crap. i was tryn to read fast so i could read the good part at the end where everything turned out ok. and am glad it did! sigh. whew. exhale.

Now. PayPayt is stinkin' adorable with her big girl bike! OH MAN. and with coco in tow! ahhhhh! I love it :):)

On to Jr. High!