Monday, June 11, 2007

Yeah, So...

What a fabu night Friday was. Alas, I have no pics because, well, I had no camera. I didn't really feel like dragging out the big one and couldn't find the little one. So no pics.

Eric got off early and I dropped the kids off at my mother in laws and headed out to buy a cute little dress. Because I have no dresses. Not even one. I never have to wear them. So I found one that I loved on clearance and was able to get shoes, necklace and bracelets for the same price as the reg. price of the dress. Love it when that happens. :)

We headed out to Baton Rouge. We stayed at a nice hotel. Eric got us the "suiteheart" package which included a dozen roses, chocolate covered strawberries, a bottle of champagne, breakfast served hot to the room at whatever time we wanted and a 3:00 pm checkout instead of 10:00. So much fun. We went to eat at a really nice restaurant called Juban's. Really good food. Fancy. They actually bring out sorbet in between the appetizer and the main course to cleanse your pallett. LoL. That's fancy for us. The food was really good. Shaina, I got the veal and loved it. It was my first time having veal.

After dinner we ordered a movie at the hotel and in true Amber fashion, I fell asleep. It had been a long day though. So that's what I'm blaming it on.

So Saturday we did a lot of shopping in BR. We started redoing Cameron's room last weekend and we shopped for stuff for his room, mostly. I will post pics one of these days. My blogging has been slacking.

On another note, two of the girlahs got to meet up in Dallas this weekend. How cool. If there is ever another meet up in Dallas, I am so there! But speaking of meet ups, I am really hoping to meet Jill sometime this week. Her and the fam are on vacation and they are supposed to be passing right near here. It will be my first meeting of a scrappy/blog friend that I've met online and I really hope that we can meet!

In other news, Alex and Jamie, I've finished the swap!! Yay. Now I've just got to scan and post them. So they should be up soon. Hope everyone has a wonderful week! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhh...so glad ya'll liked Jubans!! Crab veal, mmmmm so yummy!! And oh yes forgot to tell ya about the pallet cleansing sorbet..hehehehe..fancy smancy!! So glad u guys enjoyed your little getaway!!=)

~Shaina

Heidi Joe said...

Um totally. Why don't me and you meet up in Dallas sometime! Mister and I are actually thinking of moving there in about 2-3 years, we love it so much. I think mR was there last year for Christmas, so maybe she will be there again, too this year! AHHH!

Jamie Ko said...

um swap??

um...what's that?? um...

I think I better get going...there is a swap waiting for me still...

Alex Hardy said...

what a FABU anniversary weekend.
sounds just *perfect*.
& oooh.
can't wait to see some swappage.
i'll be stalking SiS.
muwahahaha.

On to Jr. High!