Monday, July 23, 2007

Gone Again

Busy weekend = fly by super fast weekend. Friday afternoon, I brought the kiddos to Eric's mom and we had a date night. Fab. On the way there, Cameron asks me "so what do you and daddy do on a date nigh"? Um we actually get to sit down and enjoy a meal. We get to talk uninterrupted. Which doesn't happen often. We get to eat out at a restaurant that doesn't have kiddies menu's and crayons. No tic tac toe. LoL. It was soooo nice. A 2 hour meal. Time to talk and relax.

Saturday we picked up the kiddos and grocery shopped pretty much all afternoon. Walmart for the necessities and 3 that's right, 3 different meat markets for all the meat to stock our freezer. We have 3 really good local meat markets, and each one has things that we like better than the others. So we hit all three. Cameron finished Basketball Camp on Friday, so he's been having the itch to play. Eric hauled the basketball goal out and they played all evening on Saturday, then Eric threw some meat on the grill. We are summer grillers for sure. At least 3-4 times a week. Love that. So easy and yummy.

Sunday, we traveled what used to be a 2 hour 15 minute drive which is now a 1 hour 25 minute drive (?) to my grandmother's house. My aunt was in from Mexico, cousin and her hubby and baby from Minnesota, cousin from Florida. It was a family reunion of sorts. Mom drove out with us, Dad had to work. We had a party for my cousins little boy who turned 1 on Eric's birthday. My cousin grew up in Mexico, so she speaks only Spanish to her son, while his dad speaks only English. Really cool, I thought. My Spanish is limited to what I've learned on Dora. Yes, AT&T, telemarketers, credit card companies-just because your last name is Castro, doesn't mean that you are fluent or even understand 3 words in Spanish. I did take a few pics, but my batteries about dead and I haven't uploaded them yet. Bad blogger, I know.

Monday, is here already. Lots to do today. Have library books to return. Target seems to be having a good sale on school supplies this week, so I'm gonna take Cam today and see what we can knock off of the list. Happy Monday. :)

2 comments:

Jamie Ko said...

ooh Target sales...love them. I took a gander at the stuff too, but didn't see anything I needed to have. oh wait, I'm not in school anymore...

sounds like you had a great weekend. i think Mike and I need to take advantage of those nights where its just the two of us. I keep hearing once the little kiddies come, there's no more alone time....

Jill H said...

i am so jealous of your date nights!! not really, ok maybe a little ;) our weekend away was only a month ago and i'm totally wanting another one, or maybe just one night! i'm excited to go school shopping for Xave this year, i always loved that about school. have a good week =)

On to Jr. High!