Friday, July 13, 2007

There Ain't No Cure for the...

Summertime blues. I think I have them. The it's-so-stinking-hot-if-you-go-outside-you-might-actually-melt-a-little-and-the-kids-may-just-kill-each-other-before-it's-all-over-blues. Seriously. They are playing so well for 2 minute intervals and then fighting for the next 10 minutes. My head hurts just thinking about it all. Cameron is in basketball camp next week, so hopefully absense will make the heart grow fonder for these two.

To top off all of the summertime schtuff, I've been feeling so sleepy. I blame it on Heroes. We've been watching like 2 episodes a night and by the end of the second, I'm like a zombie. And I also blame it on the fact that Payton came into our room 7, yes 7, seven times last night. ??????? From not really waking up at all during the night to 7 times. To ask "When will it be morning?", "I keep watching and the morning won't come". From about 4:00 until 5:30 ish when I take it that she finally fell asleep. As did I. Actually mine was more like being in a coma than sleeping. So I had a grand total of about 4 hours (and a few minutes here and there) of sleep last night.

What a complain-y post huh? On a much happier, brighter note. We are heading out to see Jenny & Ali in a few weekends out in Plano. And I am 89.2% sure that I'm gonna get to meet Heidi!!! So stinking excited to meet my first girlah! Happy weekend to ya!

5 comments:

Alex Hardy said...

yikes.
but little Payton's inquisitive-ness (is that a word?)
has me giggling.
at the expense of your beauty sleep, i know.
but still.
she's a riot!

& holy moly.
i think that i might be the ONLY girlah left who hasn't met another Girlah IRL. (sigh).

October can't get here fast enough, i tell ya.

Jamie Ko said...

yeah, summer is hitting us here too. probably not as bad as where you are, but still. it actually makes me a tad bit grateful to be at work on days like that...thank you A.C.

Heidi Joe said...

YAY! Looks like we're almost a go for that Saturday!! Mister just has to check a few things at work... and then we're soooo there. WOOTY WOOOOOOO... I'll email you and we'll figure out the deets.

So fun!

michelle.g said...

eeeeks...my kiddos are the same here. at least they're not fighting with each other but they sure do make alot of noise sometimes. and we have to wait 'til 6 p.m. just for them to be able to go outside. and how cool you get to meet heidi!

Deanna G. said...

it's deathly hot here in Hawaii too. hahaha. like, i'm gonna pass out on the sidewalk in front of the office during lunch, but i hope i don't bc that would be embarassing-hot. heh.

so excited you and heidi get to meet up! ahhhhhhhhhhhh. oh man. you're gonna have a blast!!!!!

On to Jr. High!