Monday, August 13, 2007

Homework on the First Day...

For real? And not just homework, but 4 worksheets, spelling words and a sight word list to read. This is 1st grade, right? Ohmyword. If he comes home with this much on the first day, what's to come? I'm not sure I want to think about that.

His first day seems to have gone pretty well. He got off the bus at the correct stop. Which is better than the last day of Kindergarten. Can you believe that I got no pics today? I'm gonna have to take one tomorrow and we can just pretend. I'm lucky he made it to school on time, much less taking pics and what not. I realized today that we were on a summertime schedule and 7:00 came way early. We've been sleeping until 8:30 sometimes 9:00 all summer, so it was quite a shocker for me.

Eric and I had our date night on Friday. Sported the new wheels to the restaurant and then he felt like driving around. You know with just the radio, minus the kids in the backseat fighting? So we get about half a mile from the restaurant and a red exclamation point comes up on the panel. That's never good right? So we try to figure out what in the world could be causing it. He was very discouraged. We had the car literally 4 days at this point. So we decide to just go home. We get out of the car and hear a hissing sound, Eric bends down and proceeds to pull a two inch long screw from his tire. The man he bought the car from put these tires on last Friday. Literally one week old tires. He was disgusted. Luckily, we were able to patch it. Sort of put a damper on date night. :(

Happy Monday.

5 comments:

Heidi Joe said...

Awwwww NUTS! That sucks about the tire. But at least that's a little fix. Still, no fun on a date.

Happy Monday is right! =)

Deanna G. said...

Homework on the first day for First Grade?! Haaaaa? They're crackin' down these days, eh?!

And yeah, rats on the tire deal. Aww mang! At least it has some cool contraption that says you have a flat?! I have a sensor on my car... when one side feels lop sided and I start hearing the tire wonk out... that's the sensor! ahahaha.

Happy Monday. Too bad it wasn't Wed. and Lost was on :)

Jamie Ko said...

so much for a complications-free date night huh?

I can't remember first grade. I think my teacher's name was Mrs.Cain. but the homework part is never fun. luckily I had a dad that was really smart in that department so it seemed easier with him "helping me"...

michelle raMirez said...

dang for the hissing tire.
boo hiss for that.
and homework on the first day....yikes.
they are putting the smack down for real.
hope the rest of the week goes better amber!

Jill H said...

aww, too bad about the tire on your date night! and homework on the first day for first graders. yikes :( glad to hear the bus ride went ok. i'm so nervous about Xave getting on and off at the right spots.

On to Jr. High!