Tuesday, November 13, 2007

So Thanksgiving's Next Week...

And it still feels like summer here. Which is a bummer. The wonderful blast of fall that we've had has long since subsided. And the fact that Thanksgiving's already next week, well that's another story.


Eric and I had a wonderful weekend. I was a horrible picture taker. Really didn't carry my purse too much, so I left the camera behind too. But on Friday we went to a little restaurant that Eric had gotten a gift certificate to last Christmas. The food was really good. It's a little hole in the wall, but the food is great. We rented Bourne Supremacy and I fell asleep about 10 minutes into it. At 9:45. Wow. Can we say getting old? I feel like one of those baby dolls that you lay down and her eyes shut. Because that's me. Every night.

And that's the reason Eric and I don't watch too many movies. We have issues staying awake.

On Saturday, we woke up and went to IHOP. We ate breakfast and headed out to Lake Charles to see CATS. It was soooo good. The singing and dancing. Wow. Amazing. Eric thinks it's the strangest thing he's ever seen. I guess dancing and singing people dressed up as cats are a little strange, but still. It's such a good show.

And speaking of cats, unfortunately Oreo will be leaving us soon for a better home in the country. He's going to live at my sister in law's house, where he'll have room to roam and enjoy the outdoors. Sadly, he just can't live in our subdivision for much longer. There are too many neighbors around, and almost all of them have dogs. He tends to make rounds and go visiting, and I don't think they appreciate it too much. We hoped that having him neutered would help the roaming, but I think he's actually going farther than ever. :( He was a good kitty for the last 6 months and I think we're all going to miss him. Even Eric. But at least being at Eric's sister's house, the kids can visit whenever they go to Grandma and Grandpa's, so that will be good.

Ok, back to the weekend. We checked into our hotel which was really nice. Had to wait awhile for a King size/non-smoking, but I guess it was worth the wait.


This wasn't our actual room, but it was one just like this. We had a huge dinner at the Le Beaucoup Buffet. So much food it was ridiculous.

On Sunday, we had a late brunch and headed home to pick up the kids. Such a nice weekend. I was wishing I had the camera to take a pic of some of the food we had (a la JKo), but I just didn't feel like carrying the camera around. Sadly.

And now we are firmly planted back into reality. Back to school, work, painting, etc. Cameron has basketball registration on Saturday. This will be his first time playing on a team and we are so excited to watch him. It's gonna be so much more exciting that T-ball, I think.

3 comments:

Jill H said...

good for you guys gettin' away, sounds like fun!!! the show sounds awesome.

poor Oreo, at least he has a good home to go to though! take care, have a good week =)

Deanna G. said...

awww how wonderful :) i love getaways. i need one real soon ;) lol. so hilarious. you always crack me up! the part abt eric thinking people dancing and singing dressed up as cats, BAH! hahahaha. The doll and eye gig. AHK! bye oreo! you'll be missed!

Hellaw, hellohhh? Miss you aC.

Heidi Joe said...

I'm laughing because of Eric's experience with Cats... do they still wander around the audience and sit in people's laps? How funny would THAT have been!

Glad you had a fun getaway!

On to Jr. High!