Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Insert Clever Title Here

So another week is upon us in this fly-by month of July. Seriously, it's like almost the end of July. Unbelievable.

*Payton was reading to us from her Bible the other night and I quote "I pwedge of an awegiance to the fwag that we may do hip hop."

*Cameron finally got a much needed haircut. Although I must say, I was kinda liking his mop top. He looked like a little surfer dude on the beach, but with school only a few weeks away, he was in need of a cut. I don't have an after shot yet, but here's the before. He wanted to see if we could get it into a ponytail, um yeah. It was long. Now it's really short and undoutebly cooler for him on these scorching summer days. (Yes this is Cam and not Payton, LoL.)




*The weekend was really nice. E's birthday was fabulous. We went to our fave restaurant and ate a relaxing meal. On Saturday, we woke up and went have brunch, then did a little shopping before picking up the kid's at mom's. Our church has a service on Saturday evening, so we went to that and relaxed all day Sunday. Eric cooked a crab stew which was so good. And we swam for hours. Oh and of course played Mario Kart. As I said a few posts back, we're hooked. ;)


*I'm thinking that I need to start school supply shopping asap. I ran into the store yesterday for something and the school supply section was like a toy store on the day after Thanksgiving. Scary. And on a Monday morning no less. And Cam's list is so specific (certain colored folders, etc.), that I'm worried they'll run out before I get there.


*I've been reading a lot. Which I love. I just finished 3 books in this series.


I'm working on this one now. It's good so far. Read a lot of it last night.
And my mom gave me this book to read next. I'm enjoying the summer reading. Reminds me of when I was younger.


Happy hot July summer day to you! :)

5 comments:

Shainanakins said...

hahahaha Cam with a ponytail and i did a double take cause i did think it was payton..lol!!!

So glad you guys had a nice date night for Erics bday....oooh and brunch the next day...yummmmmy!;oP

Let's get together soon..Toodles;)

Heidi Joe said...

Man, where have I been! Lovin' Cam's beachy long hair... kind of fun! School's around the corner, though...

Happy Belated birthday to Mr. Amber, too... WOOT!

Jill H said...

LOL, at first glance i thought that was Payton with the ponytail. i'm so jealous school is only a few weeks away for you guys! my kids have til 9/2 :(

Deanna G. said...

i thought it was payt at first too, lol. dude! you read nicholas sparks?! omg. after the notebook, then the wedding, we were super into it. all his romantical story tellin with settings in the south. sigh. awesomeness. lemme know how that one is k. happy summer!

Alex Hardy said...

i miss my boys long hair ... but alas, it is SO MUCH cooler for them when it's short. and easier to wash for us mama's, for sure! :)

that pic of Cam will make for a fun scrappy page!

On to Jr. High!