Monday, June 26, 2006

Lots of Painting Going On

This weekend was interesting. Cameron was sick with a sore throat and fever. So the entire weekend was spent indoors (which was fine by me, because let's face it-it's HOT). Although the kids begged us to set up the kiddie pool all weekend. Saturday morning we painted Payton's room. I absolutely love it. We bought her matress and set it up on the floor where her new bed is going to go when it comes in. I put her new bedding on it, hung her new curtains, hung up her shelves, and put her new rug down. She was giddy. She kept on giggling and did not know what to do with herself. I ordered her bed on Friday, hopefully it will not take too long. When it is in, I will post pics. I am still debating on doing a mural on one of the walls. Maybe I will take an opinion poll on the blog once I post the pics of the finished room. It looks so much like a little girls room now, it was still looking like a baby nursery and let's face it, she's not a baby anymore. I almost teared up when Eric carried her toddler bed out, because I realized that if she is indeed our last child, she is already in a big girl bed. The baby phase is about over, now if I could only get her potty trained. I had stopped working with her because of vacation, but I guess I neeed to start up again.

When we went to buy the paint, we picked up a gallon for the master bath. We had painted the office in our last house the same color and loved it. We knew when we bought this house, that we wanted to paint a room in that color. The builder had already chosen the colors and painted this house when we found it. So anyway, we started painting it at 11 o'clock Sunday night. I know, we are a bit strange when it comes to these things. I am in bed watching TV waiting for Eric, and the next thing I know, he comes in with the brush, roller and pan in hand and a big smile on his face. He could not wait to see how it would look. I like it so much better already, we did not quite finish, but it looks really good. Will have to post pics of that also as soon as we are done. Once you start painting or redoing, it is so hard to stop. I absolutely love to redo rooms like that.
I actually did a scrapbook layout this weekend. But blogger says no pics today. Will try again later.

4 comments:

Ali said...

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend and accomplished much!
All we did was swim, play tenis, went shopping, and went to Outback and steaked it up!

Anonymous said...

hi amber, i am so jealous of your obviously GREAT weather. We can just about manage a tiny bit of sun and quite a bit of rain!!! Not much need for aircon here! But then it is the start of wimbledon here and traditionally it is always raining for at least come of that. Oh dear, how typical, the british always talk about the weather...LOL.

Anonymous said...

found all that energy in Tennessee. Go for the mural. If you don't like it, it is just one more coat of paint on one wall.

darcy said...

Darn blogger.. I wanna see your page!! I'll have to see if you posted it on 2Peas. =)

And can't wait to see Peyton's big girl room!!! And you guys started painting at 11pm?? Wow... that's amazing!! We are worthless after 10pm. =/ Bed-time calls.

On to Jr. High!