Thursday, June 29, 2006

WOOHOO!!!

Yesterday I did a page of Eric & I that I really like. The picture is from the Melting Pot where we celebrated our 7th anniversary. Well, before I could ask the waiter to take a picture of us, my battery died, so all I have is the picture that I held out my arm and took of us. Well it's not my favorite pic of all time, but I am very happy with how the layout came out. So anyways, I post it on the 2peas website and Elsie Flannigan comments and tells me how cute it is and what not. Ok, so I know that the majority of you are like--yeah so? But some of
my blog readers know that this is pretty exciting. She is like a scrapbook diva, lol. She is in one of the biggest scrapbook magazines regularly, she has a book about scrapping coming out in July, and she is by far my favorite scrapper ever. So exciting!!! So anyway I just had to share that. I even called Eric at work to tell him. Crazy I know, but I had talked about her before so he knew who I was talking about, and even he was impressed:) So that pretty much made my day, lol.

So today we had 8 palletts of sod (grass) delivered that we will be laying ourselves over the next couple of days. I am dreading all of that work. Of course the end result will be fabulous (we will finally have grass in our back yard), but oh the work ahead of us! I always thought that grass just grew. I mean when I was younger everyone I knew had grass, I just thought it grew on its own. Well not so much. After a year & a half of a back yard with dirt and weeds, it will be so nice to actually have grass to walk on.

Wanted to share another layout with ya. This was a picture taken on our hike
up to Laurel Falls in TN. The picture came out very blurry so I wanted to do something fun with it. I hope you can read it all. It is about my fave TV show.
Umm--I think you can all guess what that is. It is a silly one, but I like how it turned out. It looks much straighter in real life-crazy scan I guess. The little white blocks over the heads may be hard to read.
"Ali leading the way w/ his backpack--Jack",
"Jenny w/ her long, dark hair right behind him--Kate", and
"Eric (minus the drug addiction w/ Payton (Aaron) on his shoulders--Charlie".
Ok so I'd rather him be Sawyer, but let's face it, we wouldn't see Sawyer with a child on his shoulders-lol. Had fun with this one!

Payton's bed will be in tomorrow. (Another good reason for the Woohoo title). So I fully expect to have completed room pics on the blog Monday. I will be laying grass down like a mad woman until then. So everyone have a fabulous holiday weekend!

2 comments:

Michelle Sanders said...

Look at you getting pea praise from ms. elsie! That's fantastic! Cute layouts...keep on scrapin' girlie!

Anonymous said...

way to go amber...i had to go and check that out, very impressed. totally deserved though. great layouts. have a good weekend :0)

On to Jr. High!