Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Sewing, Painting & Pooping in the Potty

Today started off great! Payton pooped on the potty! Now that's what I call a good morning. LoL! I got a letter in today about Cameron's kindergarden testing. He goes in on August 16th!!

Trying so hard to sew a throw blanket for my neice, Caroline's room. The thing is giving me fits! Have ripped the seam out more that once. I have 2 sides done, but the last two sides have not been at all cooperative. I definitely don't have my mom's mad sewing skills! LoL! She sews so well! I have done 2 throw pillows for her. Those were pretty easy. But having to sew the loooong blanket is what is not working out. I start off all perfect and pinned and then I get to the bottom and the sides are all uneven. I think I will stick to painting & scrapping in the future! The girls are going out of town for the weekend, so while they are gone, I am going in and doing their rooms, when they get home, they will be finished. My sis-in-law is not gonna tell them. We want them to be surprised.
It was pretty funny last night I went over to there house to pic up some photos. I found a pic in Pottery Barn Kids with 2 shelves and lots of frames all matted in coordinating colors (you know that famous pottery barn look). Anyway, I printed the pic out, went shopping and found the frames and mats. So I get to her house last night, and ask her for some photos that I could make black & white to frame and I show her the pic of what I wanted to do. She starts laughing, goes into the kitchen and brings out a PBK magazine opened up to the exact same photo and tells me she had planned to show it to me to see if we could do it. At least I know that we are on the same page! I love love doing this! I am not so comfortable with the rest of the house, but I love doing kids rooms. They are just so much more vibrant and fun!

I have been thinking about painting some canvases to try and sell on ebay to make some extra spending money. Some different prints for kids rooms. Thinking hard. Once I finish the girl's rooms, I may attempt it. Haven't used ebay in soooo long. I used to be so addicted, but I got burnt out on it. Once Cameron starts school, I will have a lot more time on my hands.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday. It has pretty much been cloudy or raining here for the last several days but at least that beats the heat! Not a big fan of the scorching summer months! Ready for the fall!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you. be great to see some of your paintings amber. i bet they will rock the house :)

Jill H said...

oh those little girls are gonna be so happy when they get home!! what a sweet surprise.

darcy said...

Dude.. sending you sewing well wishes. I hope they turn out just as you planned!!! And what a cool suprise for the kiddos!!!

And congrats for Payton poo-ing on the potty!!!

On to Jr. High!