Monday, July 31, 2006

Where did it go?

The weekend that is. They all go by fast, but this one flew! I am happy to say that I am finally finished with my nieces rooms for the time being. Really all that is left are the drapes. Saturday, Eric and I went and spent the afternoon getting things done for their return home yesterday. It was lots of work, but lots of fun also. I had tons of pics to post, but blogger won't allow any. Not even one! Will try and post later today with all of the pics.
Saturday night, we went to my mom & dad's house. My mom cooked a corn & crab bisque (yummy)! And my sister and brother in law from Texas were there so we got to hang out with them. Hoping to make a trip there in a couple of weeks. Take a long weekend and drive out with mom & dad.

Need to start exercising again. Really bad! I am the most unmotivated person on the planet when it comes to these things, seriously. Every Sunday night I say I am going to start on Monday and then Monday comes and goes with no exercise to be had. Frustrated, aggrivated, unmotivated, LoL!

Another thing that I want to start today is ebay again. We were going through Cameron's closet on Saturday morning and the amount of clothes and shoes that do not fit him that I could put on ebay is astounding. Serious money waiting to be made sitting in the top of Cameron's closet in a storage tote. And about 12 more in the attic. We have been saving just in case we decide to have a third child, but really, who knows if that's ever going to happen. And we could always buy more clothes when that day comes, if it comes. Of course there will be a ton of cuter more stylish clothes when we do have a third (if we do have a third). Right now Eric & I are saying no on the third child, once Cameron starts school, check back.

Eric has been going on about Cameron's school supply list. He tells everybody that will listen how crazy it is that they have to have some of the things on the list. He says " if they would have tried this when we were in school they would have never gotten away with it". LoL. I have to admit it is a little much. I mean 2 rolls of paper towels, box of kleenex, hand sanitizer gel, baby wipes, Clorox wipes, Clorox sanitizing spray, paper bags, ziploc bags, paper plates, 2 packs dry erase markers, 3 packs construction paper on top of all the regular supplies (glue, crayons, etc.). Wow! I remember having to get paper towels and kleenex, but not all of the cleaning supplies. Anyway, Cameron is happy. He got a camouflage backpack for the Gap that he loves. He loves walking around the house with it and taking out all of his supplies and putting them back in. I remember doing that when I was little. But one of the best things was school clothes shopping. Unfortunately, they took that fun away. Now there is the option of the blue, red or white polo with the khaki or blue shorts or pants. WooHoo! I can understand the reasoning of uniforms, I just remember how fun school clothes shopping was. So glad they didn't start mandatory uniforms until after I graduated. That is all we have left to get for Cam are his uniforms. Oh and have his teeth sealed. LoL. Not for school, but he had a dentist appt. on Wednesday and apparently he has very deep grooves in his back teeth (that he gets from me) and there are some spots in them. The dentist wants to seal them before they turn into cavities. So that's an unexpected back to school expense. I had the same problem when I was a child. My mom took me to the dentist every 6 months my entire life and I have a mouth full of seals and fillings. Eric never went to the dentist once in his life (until he was 21), and has nothing. No seals, fillings, nothing. I have tooth envy. LoL. Not to mention that I had to wear braces for two and a half years and Eric's teeth are straight as can be. And the dentist already informed me that Cam "will be an orthodontic case"-yeah, something to look forward to. I really was hoping the kids would take after him with his teeth, but no such luck I guess.

Well, I think I have rambled on long enough! LoL. Have a great day everyone. Will try to post some pics later! Thanks for dropping in!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wowzers..that is some list your boy has to take to school. Our kids all wear school uniforms here. Non-school uniform is only for college, as in after 16.
Isaac doesnt have to have a nursery uniform in september but part of me wishes he did, they look so cute. have a great day amber. :)

Jill H said...

gosh, that IS a big list for school supplies!! but i guess i can see where if teachers had to buy it all it would be expensive. but still. i don't remember taking paper towel to school. and it is so hard to get started w/exercise...but you can do it =)

Ali said...

I remember my list: construction paper, scissors, and crayons...we took our naps on the cold floor and we wiped our noses with each other's shirts.
The weekend went faster than a hershey's gold nugget with toffee at a camp for pleasantly plump little kids.
To lose weight the fastest do what i do: right after you eat go and vomit and if that doesn't work out for you take trimspa.

darcy said...

Okay, that school supply list is OUT OF CONTROL!!! WOW!! We used to have to take a box of kleenex. Period.

And no school clothes shopping? That's SAD!! At least he got to pick out the new backback. =)

On to Jr. High!