Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Pics

Happy Wednesday!! Gonna try to post pics again today of my nieces rooms. Since that is been pretty much all I have been doing for the last 2 weeks (working on things for their rooms).
Had a fun day yesterday. Drove about 2 hours away to visit my MawMaw & my aunt who was in from Mexico. Only get to see her once a year so it was a nice visit. Had a good lunch and talked for awhile.


The kids had a good time. They played with all of their cousins toys (who was not there and ate tons of candy & ice cream).

My aunt and uncle live with my grandmother now, because she needs help getting around and taking care of herself. That's kind of a hard thing to see. She has been so independent up until about a year ago.

I have a friend coming over with her kiddies today for a play date. Love that! Kiddies play and I get adult conversation (woohoo)! Gotta love adult conversation & two days in a row! Awesome!
Cannot believe how fast this week is going! The weekend will be here before we know it! Yay! Just wanted to give an update on my friend's little baby that underwent heart surgery, she is doing well, on her way to recovery! She has been through so much in her short little life. Last August, she was in Tulane having her first heart surgery when Katrina hit. The water was rising in the hospital. She had to be air lifted back here. Her parents, had to hitch a ride on a helicopter and make their way back here. It was quite the ordeal. Then she is here at the hospital in town and Rita hits. That one was pretty bad over here. The hospital lost power, but the generators kicked on. So anyway, she has been through so much already, and she will be a year old in a few weeks.

Speaking of hurricanes. I saw last night that Tropical Storm Chris is probably going to turn into a hurricane. And of course our local weather man, bless his heart, loves to scare people in my opinion. "This has a huge potential to come straight into the gulf and threaten our area by early next week". Wonderful, something to look forward to. Hopefully he is way off, as usual.

Well I had a few more pics to share but I've been cut off at the source. Blogger really has picture issues. Well, everyone have a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi amber..good to hear that your friend's baby is doing well. Love those pics. If it wasnt so far I might be asking for your help with my girl's rooms. At the moment they are somewhat being overtaken by Thomas thanks to their big brother. LOL
have a great day

Jill H said...

wow you do a FABULOUS job with the decorating :) love these pics & your daughter's room...i am so challenged in decorating! glad to hear good news about your friend's baby :) and that you got some grown-up conversation in!! i hope the storm misses and/or just poops out so nobody is hit with bad weather. gosh, it's hurricane season already?!

darcy said...

Such a cute room. =) So adorable!! I bet your niece LOVES it!!! Those shelves completely rock.

On to Jr. High!