Friday, August 04, 2006

Athletic Ability (& the lack thereof)

Two words...Dora Candyland. We have been playing soooo much of this game. Cameron & Payton had a bag that they were saving money in that they could use to buy whatever they wanted. Well after going to MawMaw's house, of course they came home with some money. Payton really wanted a Dora game, so we took her to Target and she picked out the Dora the Explorer version of Candyland. We have played it almost nonstop ever since.

Cameron bought himself a junior sized basket ball. He and Eric have been playing lots out on our dirt court. LoL. Eric has big plans to pour himself and Cameron a basketball court sometime in the near future. He is hoping that Cameron will go to the NBA and he can retire early. LoL. Cam's doctor has always said that he will probably be no shorter than 6'4". So who knows maybe Eric's dream will come true. Let's just pray that he doesn't inherit my athletic ability (or lack thereof rather). Note: Height does not equal basketball ability. I should know, I'm a prime example. I am about 5'11" and can not make a ball into the basket to save my life. That was much to the dismay of the high school girl's basketball coach who literally sprinted up to me to tell me about tryouts on my first day of my freshman year. Sorry coach! But there is always that chance that he will take after his daddy who was indeed blessed with basketball skills. Although, thus far, Cameron seems to be a carbon copy of his mommy.

Sharing some layouts that I did this week. My scanner has been misbehaving. Scanning everything way too dark. Guess I'm gonna have to mess around with it. I must give props to my brother-in-law Ali. He completed his first digital layout. I must say, I'm pretty proud. We may have the next Tim Holtz on our hands! (A well known man in scrapbooking, for all you nonscrappers). You can find it on his blogaroo.
Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. Not sure what's going on here just yet, but I'm sure it will involve lots of Dora Candyland. LoL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love that family layout amber, and such a cute pic of your boy in the baseball layout. way way cute. good to see your layouts. have a great weekend.

Ali said...

Thanx for the props...kinda encouraging. Love the layouts and the updates on whats going down in Castro-town.

On to Jr. High!