Monday, August 07, 2006

The Weekend

I bought this over the weekend. And it makes me very happy.


Love this girl and her style sooo much! She is so stinking creative and talented.
I can just sit there and stare at her pages in awe. This is a great book, so inspiring. I shopped on Saturday with my mom, sister in law & niece for fabric for the girl's drapes. My mom will be doing the sewing, I was just helping pick out the fabric.

Does anyone out there watch the Apprentice? Not this past season but the one before, there was a girl named Felecia. I think that I may have seen her in Jason's Deli on Saturday. Now I would not have even given it a second thought a) had I not watched the show and not known what she looked like and b) not read in the paper that she had bought a hotel here in town. She pulled up in a beamer with a rock on her finger and a very stylish purse (that I am pretty sure she can fit in). Anyway, no one that was with me watched the show, so I was kind of out of luck. The male employees kept making a point of approaching her to talk to her though, so that made me think it was her even more.

Hoping to be going to Plano, Texas this weekend to visit with the fam. We are not sure yet though. Really would like a little weekend getaway before Cameron starts school 2 weeks from today!!! Yikes!

We drove out to the town of Washington, LA yesterday for lunch after church. Eric gets a gift card to the Steamboat Warehouse every year for Christmas from the store. We realized that if we did not go on a Sunday after church, we may never go. Ok, the first time we went to this restaurant, I remember loving the food. Yesterday, not so much. I'm just glad we had a gift card and it didn't come from our own pocket. Maybe they were having an off day. Eric wasn't too impressed either. What we loved the first time we went, was apparently just a special on that day, so we could not get it this time. Bummer, because nothing else was very good.

That's the weekend in a nutshell. Nothing too exciting. Hope you all had a great weekend (especially you Shaina)!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! I especially had a GREAT TIME:)We didn't want it to end!! I'll send you some pics. Glad you bought your book:) And i can't wait to see ya'll thursday!

~Shaina

Brandy Schaaf said...

Oooohhhhh! I definately want to borrow that book.
Too bad about the restraunt. :(

darcy said...

You and Elsie scrap styles remind me of each other's. =) Sounds like a great weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to get elsie's book too. Hoping to pick it up on our trip. She is just so good. hope you having a good day.

Ali said...

Hey Great blog describing your weekend. I am really glad you got that book...it has really helped me. Anyway, what is the deciding factor if you guys are coming?

Jill H said...

hmmm, that book is a good idea, gotta check it out. i'm such a ding dong about knowing what's out there...maybe i'll go get one. it's gotta be good if it's Elsie's :)

On to Jr. High!