Friday, August 18, 2006

Dentist Trip

Wow. All I can say about the dentist. We were actually in and out in 2 hours which was good. At about 9:20, they finally called us back and gave Cameron a drink to make him sleepy. After about 15 minutes, he started getting really silly. He dropped one of his flip-flops, so the hygentist picked it up and took his other one off while I carried him to the back. He starts giggling "He he, Mommy, I don't have any shoes on, he he. Oh my goodness, I was laughing so hard I was crying. Until we got to the room, and they put him in the chair, and they strapped him in, and he threw up the medicine. It was all downhill from there. He started screaming and crying. The dentist came in and started all the while it took 3 of us to hold him down. The dentist asked "do you want me to stop?". I was like are you crazy? I told him if you can get it done, do it. I am not coming back here and doing this again. He was so scared. I was crying too, seeing him like that, but I wasn't going to let him stop and put either Cameron or myself through that again another day. He would stop crying and lay perfectly still and then just start screaming again. Wow, I got home drained. Physically and emotionally.

And I get home to find that Payton had a screaming bout of her own. She was with her grandma Monday, Tuesday and most of the day Wednesday (while Cam & I had our date day). Well when she saw her grandma show up to watch her while I took Cam to the dentist. She had a meltdown. Talking hiding in the dark utility room screaming. Wow. My poor children. Thursday was not a good day for either.

We went to the park after Eric got home from work to play tennis. That was fun. This time we played with shoes. LoL. And my feet are very thankful for that. Hoping that we can start playing that more often. It is a good cardio workout and let's face it, I need some cardio working out. There is a playground right outside of the tennis court, so the kids can play and we can watch them while playing. Now that baseball is over and school is in, there are never many people there.

Oh and I did not make it to round 3 of the Last Scrapper Standing. I am kind of bummed. But I'm just happy that I made it to round 2, I was scrapping alongside some great talent! And there are only 4 rounds.

Happiest of weekends to everyone! This is the last weekend before Cam goes off to school on Monday. I know I'm gonna cry and I'm pretty sure Eric is gonna too. He is going in late and taking off early so he can come with me to drop him off and pick him up. Pretty sure he's gonna cry too. We are going to be a big, blubbering mess. Cameron will be happy though. He is not even going to blink an eye. He absolutely cannot wait!!!

4 comments:

Jill H said...

oh my gosh, that stinks big time that the dentist appt went that bad :( what a bad day!!! enjoy your weekend =)

Brandy Schaaf said...

Oh no I think Rylie will have tyo have her teeth sealed too. :(
I hope he forgets about it. Give me a call when we can get together.

darcy said...

I'm so sorry about the dentist!! that had to have been horrible for everyone involved. =/

There's only 4 rounds of LSS? Wow.. that's kinda quick!! Your page was awesome, though. =) Don't ever doubt it.

Good luck with school starting! Can't wait to see pics!

patsy said...

Oh my! I'm so sorry about the appointment! I thought it was fun at first, knowing how your son reacted after drinking the medicine. I hope he's brave enough to visit his dentist now. =D

On to Jr. High!