Saturday, August 26, 2006

Senseless

A Saturday post? Shocking, I know. The thing is, I woke up to a completely quiet house this morning. Eric took the kids and went out to his mom's to put up some crown molding. So the house is completely quiet. So where am I? Where else, at the computer/scrapbook desk. Yes I have laundry screaming at me as well as dishes and floors, toilets, tables, you name it. But I am trying my best to ignore them. They'll still be there later right?

Eric was supposed to stop at the mall on the way home from work last night. (He goes 3 times a week to pick up from a store there.) Well for some reason, he didn't stop. He came home. So we got dressed and went with him. And we get to the mall and there are cop cars EVERYWHERE and there is yellow crime tape blocking the entire entrance that we normally park at. So we go around and park at Foley's. We get inside the mall and almost every single store is closed. We go to the store Eric picks up at and ask what happend. Apparently some young 21 year old decided to go into Victoria's Secret and shoot his 21 year old girlfriend and kill her right there in the stockroom. And as if that wasn't enough, goes out to the parking lot flashing his gun to the police and gets shot and killed himself right there in his car in the parking lot we always park in. You can read the whole story here:
http://theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060826/NEWS01/608260329/1002
Anyway, if Eric would have stopped at the mall, he would have been right there right at that time. This kind of thing gets me sooooo angry. How senseless. I mean could it really be so bad that he had no other option to kill her right there in front of her coworkers?

And as we are leaving, the little hair straightener guys right there in the mall still pull me over to give me a hair straightening demonstration. Yeah, because I'm really worried about my hair right now. I just found out a girl got shot and they wanna straighten my hair. And the crazier thing is I let them. And it was an awesome straightener. And I am even thinking about purchasing one in the future. Crazy huh?

We were planning to go eat somewhere after the mall. It was a rainy night and after finding out that had happend we just picked up food and went home. It's good to know that it was isolated and not just some nut job who just went in and started shooting randomly. But still, that poor girl. 21.

So that was our night in a nutshell. We have an outside party this afternoon, and there's 70% chance of rain. Poor girl. Her Hawaaiin Luau will be a soggy one. Before Jenny & Ali got married, we threw them a Luau engagement party. And it rained like it hadn't in years. Stormed. All decorations ruined. Maybe it's something about Luau's.

And speaking of storms, Ernesto. Supposedly heading to the gulf next week. Will have to keep an eye on that one. Katrina's one year anniversary on Tuesday. Hopefully Ernesto will be made aware of that and STAY AWAY!

Have a good rest of the weekend folks. Such a downer post, I know. Sorry!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Saturday post. I am shocked. The violence in our area since Katrina has me worried. So many refugees in the area and who knows their past and how desparate they may be. But these two were locals. What is this world coming to. I am beginning to think that maybe I am not as insane as everyone thinks. Love yall.

darcy said...

WHOAH that is a crazy story!! How sad!! Seriously.. what would posess someone to be so angry that they'd shoot someone they supposedly loved and then turn the gun on themselves?? So glad you guys were okay..

On to Jr. High!