Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11th

Hard to believe that it has been five years already, then again it seems like forever. There has been so much talk the last week about "what were you doing that day?". Well I was asleep and Eric called me from work to tell me that the country was being attacked and to turn on the tv, so I did. I was nine months pregnant, due any day. And I laid there and rubbed my tummy and cried for awhile. Scared by the world that I was bringing a child into. Cameron was born 13 days later. I remember praying all day on the 11th that he wouldn't be born on that day. I didn't want his birthday to be on that terrible day.

On a happier note, my friend Brandy's little girl (the one who was born with the heart defect and was in the middle of Hurricane Katrina) turned one in August. Well Saturday she had a carnival party and the kids loved it. They were so exhausted from all the excitement that Payton slept for 3 hours after the party LoL. Even Cameron fell asleep in the car. There were games, a magician, a face painter, balloon animals, fun jump, hot dogs, popcorn. It was a great party. Here are some pics of the kids.


Other than that, not much exciting happend this weekend. Payton got her first wasp sting at Eric's mom's house. I wasn't there but I can only imagine the amount of screaming that took place. She got stung on the finger while swinging. Poor girl.

Hope you all have a great day! Please say a prayer for our country today. :)

6 comments:

Brandy Schaaf said...

Oh great pics! Can you email me copies of those please and any other good ones. DRew was so exhausted but only took an hour nap and cam back out and played some more. Thank you for all of your help and for coming. I love you!

Jill H said...

i was pregnant too 5 yrs ago, not due til Oct, but i can imagine not wanting to go into labor on that day. what a horrible time.

on the other hand, your kids are SUCH cuties =) sounds like such a fun b-day party. so very cool that your friend's daughter is doing well!!

Deanna G. said...

I took a moment of silence today :/ I can't believe how fast time flies...

And boy, those kiddos are adorable! Way fun pics ;)

Anonymous said...

What adorable pictures! Logan will love the spiderman face, will show it to him this week-end when he visits.

5 years ago, life as we knew it changed forever for all Americans. The tragedy of 911 leaves each of us with scars that will never fade.

darcy said...

Still hard to believe that 9/11 happened in our country, isn't it? I pray that nothing will ever happen like that again.

And yeah, your kids are complete cuties. THat party looked FUN!!!

Anonymous said...

Tell Spidey and PayPay to quit growing until I have a chance to see them. Two weeks makes such a difference.

On to Jr. High!