Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Interesting Conversation...

Payton and I were at the art table yesterday (where else?), and she was singing away. "I love Jesus, yes I do, I love Jesus, how about you?"
So I ask her, "why do you love Jesus, what did he do for us?"
Payton: "Died".
Me: "Where?"
Payton: "on the cross."
Me: "Then what happend, where did he go?"
Payton: "Hobby Lobby."
Hehe, I see she's learning lots in our devotions. Either that or we just go to Hobby Lobby way too much. I'm thinking it's the latter.

And Cameron. Well he has grown up soooo much in the last couple of weeks. I've noticed that since he has started kindergarten, he has changed tremendously. It is so sad really. He comes home and eats his snack and wants to watch tv or play nickjr.com. He's not really interested in playing in the playroom with Payton. Oh my goodness and the attitude. It's gone from that of a 4 year old to that of a 14 year old in a couple of weeks. So very sassy. Hopefully it will get better. I know that some of it is because he is coming home so very tired.

My paintings on Ebay have been doing very well. So well in fact that I should be painting right now instead of blogging. I have sold 4 sets total. 2 just yesterday and I only have one done. I will be painting lots in the next few days. And my mind is racing with other ideas. I'm going to try to branch out to a few other things. So very excited. Eric is actually pretty excited about it also. He thinks he will retire on my painting. LoL. One lady emailed me and asked me if I could sign my masterpieces. LoL. Maybe she thinks I will be famous one day? Not likely painting children's art, but it's a nice thought anyway.

Hope you all have a fabulous day. It's pretty dark and dreary over here, but I won't complain. The rain keeps us from watering everynight.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, Payton's answer was correct, Jesus goes everywhere with her! Congratulations on the paintings, we are very proud of your success.

Don't be too discouraged by Cameron's change in attitude, it is usually just temporary. He is trying to test his new found independence, just be firm and fair with him and his sweet little self will remerge shortly.

Maw Pye loved the picture of Payton, and her art work.

Love you all !!

Elizabeth said...

that is SO cute!!! my little guy is saying things like that too.
just last night, he kept saying "the baby is big.. SO big". I asked him who the baby was. and he said GOD. Hmmmmmm.
he woke up from a nap last week and I asked if he had a dream. about what? He replied ZESUS!!
gotta love their little innocence yet they still "get" a piece of the big picture!
congrats on your paintings!! that is awesome. you'll have to show us some.(or just me, I'm curious what you do!)

Jill H said...

oh my gosh, Xave's behavior is totally similar to Cameron's, since he's now in preschool. he thinks he is so much cooler than Maria b/c he goes 3 days/week instead of 1. oh yes, too cool, LOL. love the pic of your cutie making art just like her mama!! congrats on selling the paintings. how exciting!!

darcy said...

Haha!! Payton's answer was hilarious. =)

Hope you quit getting the tude with Cameron!! Must be that Kindergarden influence.. or he gets all played out and just wants some alone time. =/ Hang in there!

Deanna G. said...

I didn't know you painted too?! And you sell them on eBay, wow. That's awesome. So very.

And how cute is she? Hahaha, Hobby Lobby. I love that.

Anonymous said...

love payton's answer. How totally cute. Worthy of a layout?
i am with you about the attitude as well. Isaac is giving it loads at the moment too. We call him the 'three-nager' LOL

have a great day

On to Jr. High!