Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Scary Stuff

So I get a call yesterday afternoon from Eric saying that his mom just called him saying she heard on the radio that Cam's school is on lockdown. Well it's 3:10 and I usually leave at 3:20 to pick him up. So I loaded up Payton and took off. It takes all of 1 minute to get to the school from our house. When I get to the end of our road, I can see the school and the line to pick up the kids, which is usually extremely long. Well yesterday, there was no line, not one single car. So I start freaking out. I get to the front of the school and ask what's going on. Apparently two men escaped from jail in another parish, stole a car and ended up in our little bitty town. So all of the schools were on lockdown. But they were safe. One of the men was caught, but the other ran into a sugar cane field where the cane was 12 feet tall, so they could not find him. As of this last night at 10 they still had not found him. And the weather was extremely bad last night. I laid there until 12:30 listening to the rain, wind, lightening and thunder. Horrible weather. And I was a little bit worried about a criminal running around on the loose. Probably seeking shelter. The two men had already stolen guns and were considered armed and dangerous. That's pretty big news for our little town. And as of the morning news, they still had not found him. School was still on today. Not sure if they're gonna be on lockdown all day again or not.
Crazy, scary stuff.

4 comments:

Jill H said...

oh my gosh! i hope they caught the other guy. how scary!! that's good they have a lockdown for the schools in case something like that happens. scary for sure, but at least you know they're safe.

Anonymous said...

Awww man. I hope they catch the other dude. You and the fam stay safe ok?!

PS: T-minus one day til Lost :) Heh.

Anonymous said...

wow..that is scary. Hope they catch the other one. You guys keep safe :)

Anonymous said...

We were on lock-down at Ernest Gallet. the police had everything under control and made us all feel safe. I overheard the authorities saying the criminal that is loose will probably try to change his appearance. So, I am on watch for suspicious looking characters!

On to Jr. High!