Thursday, October 26, 2006

Sorry...

for the lack of bloggage this week. I've been pretty busy. Payton and I went to look for a Dora costume. Not sure why I always wait until the last minute for these things. Last year I actually decided on the 31st to dress her up and went looking for a costume. Big surprise, there was nothing to be found. Well at least this year I went 5 days early. But, alas, not a Dora costume in any store around. So I decided to put one together. Luckily, at Target I found a hot pink tshirt, orange shorts and yellow socks. Dora's signature outfit. And then the hunt for a backpack began. Sure I found backpack's with Dora on them, but not an actual purple backpack. Finally, at Marshall's, I found a small one. I snatched it up. Her entire costume came to a whopping $11. I was pretty darn excited about that. And she's thrilled. She'll be a blonde Dora, but nonetheless, she's thrilled. Cameron wants to be a cowboy. Which fits in with our church's theme of "On the Farm" pretty good. He pretty much has his entire outfit from his Hoe Down last year at school. We recruited my mom to make him a cow print vest which came to about $2. I'm pretty happy with the amount spent on costumes this year. LoL.

So how about Lost last night? It's gotten so very strange. I'm not sure that I know what to think anymore. I kind of think that Ben was lying to Sawyer when he told them that there were 2 islands. It seems like Desmond, or Sayid, or all the people that were in the tail end of the plane would have seen another island at some point. Don't know. All I know is that I'm getting pretty fed up with the Others. They hold them hostage and terrorize them and then get angry when they fight back. So crazy! Can't wait until next week. Eric tells me last night "we need to skip a week that way the next Wed. we would have 2 to watch." Don't think that that's gonna happen! I'm sure we will be in reruns soon enough.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber! I feel so bad for my son because I have yet to get his costume! And pieceing together your own Dora costume is awesome! have a great weekend to you too!

Anonymous said...

how funny.

i guess dora is the thing to be. My daughter wants to be that too.Love that its such an easy costume to replicate.
last year our neighbors daughter went as Dora and was blonde. She was all sad when someone pointed out her hair was the wrong color and then a dad piped in and said "you are the Haole Dora" which in hawaiian means white.
the little girl loved it
rock on blonde Doras.
hope you all have a great Halloween

MIchelle r** because for some reason i can never sign in under my blogger name..

Ali said...

You can always dye her hair black...or if only you would have warned me two months ago...I could have made a wig for her from my beard and my nappy head...well I guess then everyone would want one...never mind on that one...
Have a good one weekend!//and we will paint...and have a good time

Anonymous said...

I'm so with you on the whole Lost deal. It's getting so weird. Not that the past seasons have been totally the norm, but still. Sighhh, ohhh silly silly Lost writers. Haha.

Cuties on the Dora and Cowboy :) Woot woot!

On to Jr. High!