Monday, November 20, 2006

Things I Hate

Really really hate.
1. Trying to back into the garage with a truck full of groceries and scraping my Sequoia on the bricks of the garage, scratching it up pretty badly. Yeah, I hate that. There were tears shed, mostly because I was so angry with myself. I actually thought that I had hit the trash can. Not so much, it was the garage. That was Friday morning. It's scratched pretty deep in some areas. Get out the wallet. :(

And something I REALLY hate:
2. People having the nerve to actually come onto your property and take something that doesn't belong to them. I mean what really goes through a person's head when they think "hey a little 5 year old boy forgot his scooter outside, I'll just take it." To say that Eric and I were upset yesterday when we came to the realization that someone had indeed stolen Cameron's scooter, would be a huge understatement. I remember seeing it out as I was leaving to bring him for school one morning last week and thinking that I needed to bring it in when I got home. Well either I just forgot, or someone took it while I was gone and so it wasn't there. It's not like we live in a bad neighborhood. In fact, it's a pretty nice neighborhood. The fact that someone would do this is disgusting. I am still holding out the hope that he just misplaced it, but we have looked EVERYWHERE! Inside outside, Eric even climbed up in the attic to make sure we didn't accidentally put it up there when we hauled the tables from the garage sale back up. So we're pretty sure it was stolen.
Now Payton is getting a scooter for Christmas, so I guess we'll have to go out and buy Cameron another one. The whole reason for getting Payton one was so they could stop fighting about Cameron's.

Anyway, we have a few suspects in mind. I still get upset thinking about it. People just have nerve. I mean a five year old's scooter? I then had to lecture Cameron about the importance of bringing into the garage bikes, scooters, skateboards, etc. everynight when we come inside. We usually do, but every now and then something gets forgotten.

So that's our weekend. Hope yours was way better. And hope that you all have a great Thanksgiving week!

4 comments:

darcy said...

Someone stole Cam's scooter? Now that's low!! I can see why you are hot to trot!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ambrosia!
Hang in there! We all make mistakes...Just the other day I accidentally wore argyle socks with a paisley shirt...I mean we are only human!
The Scooter story:
A little old lady was living in the woods and she needed some medicine for her husband who was dying of rabies...she was already tired when she came into a neighborhood just outside of the VILLAGE of Jolie...Then she said...If Only I had some thing to help me move faster...and she looked down and saw a small scooter that was fit for a 5 year old...She said to herself and the crickets..."Surely a little lad would not mind me riding this scooter to the veterinarian to acquire a rabies shot!"…so she vowed to herself that she would return the scooter one day when her husband was better.

Anonymous said...

That sucks. both the car and the missing scooter. the car can be fixed and the scooter can be replaced, just be thankful that no one was hurt in either situation. now that's something to be THANKFUL about...

Anonymous said...

i am so sorry about your cruddy weekend.
the nerve of someone to take a kids scooter...argghhhhh.
good thing SAnta is coming soon.
hope your week gets a little brighter.
Michelle r

On to Jr. High!