Monday, November 06, 2006

Weekend Update

So you would think by now that I would know better than to nap on Sunday afternoon, because really I can never sleep Sunday night when I do. And today I am paying for it. So very exhausted with so very much to do.

My house is in shambles. We had our garage sale on Saturday. We did very well. I was very happy with the turnout. We made good money, but best of all, we got rid of some junk. Quite a bit of junk actually. I was a little sad to see some of it go (the baby crib, Cameron's baby clothes). My kids really aren't big on the crib though, so I figure if we have another one, we just won't use a crib. Cameron just never really slept period. And at 15 months he was climbing out of it, so we moved onto a toddler bed. And Payton never ever slept in in. I had one of those co-sleeper bassinets (a nursing mother's dream) and she pretty much slept in that until her head was touching the top and her feet the bottom. Then we tried the crib and she absolutely hated it so on to the toddler bed. So I figure a third child (should we have one) will go from bassinet to toddler bed as well. We sold it along with the pack and play and a little bouncy thing to a very young couple who said that they needed a bargain. And they got one, and I was glad we got to help them out. I sold a lot of baby clothes, but still have a lot of really good stuff. I'm gonna take some pics and get it all up on ebay. The non name brands and other stuff that didn't sell will be heading to Goodwill.

Payton was a tad bit disturbed as some random lady loaded up her kangaroo climber into her trunk. Cameron was ok with it all. He was a little salesman. He was excited that so many people came and he was happy when they bought some of his toys. A little girl at the very end bought about 7 of his little toys and when I told him about it, he was all excited. So we paid them their share for helping and giving up some of their non used toys and clothes.

My sinus/allergies are a wreck right now. We stirred up so much dust in the attic and just digging in boxes, I have been crying/sneezing/running/itching for a week now. Horrible allergies here, folks.

I hope everyone's weekend was great. Must congratulate our friends Steve & Shaina on the arrival of baby Isabella. We can't wait to meet her, guys!

1 comment:

Jill H said...

oh my gosh, i hope your allergies get better soon!!! my sinuses have been acting up lately, it's driving me nuts! glad your garage sale went well :)

On to Jr. High!