Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Back to Life, Back to Reality


Thankfully, things are slowly returning to normal around here. Eric went back to work today. Christmas was a good one, it's the getting up to Christmas that I'm not so fond of. When Eric works all the time and things are just sheer craziness! But everythings returning to normal. Then he has a 4 day weekend coming up so more to celebrate. LoL.


Christmas Eve was nice. Despite the pouring down rain ALL day long! But the kids and I went to church (Eric worked) and then to my parents house for Christmas Eve lunch with my dad, who was leaving for work at 2. So he opened his gifts and we ate, then left for home so that I could cook dinner. I cooked a fig preserve stuffed pork loin-and Brandy, it came out great- everyone enjoyed it. We stuffed ourselves silly and then opened lots of gifts.

Christmas morning, we woke up, the kids checked to see what Santa had brought. Cameron-a huge race track. Although I'm not sure if he brought it for Cameron or Eric;) And Payton a set of twin baby dolls, a carriage for them, and a baby doctor set. We dressed and went to my in-laws for Christmas day. We played dirty Santa, where about half of us ended up with our own gift. LoL. And the kids took turns running fever and sleeping on us all day. And they are still sick. Running fever off and on and coughing and just generally cranky. Fun times.

Hope that all of your Christmases were fabulous! And that you all have a great week. Can you believe that 2007 is only a few days away??

5 comments:

Brandy Schaaf said...

YAY!!! I am so glad your pork tenderloin came out good!!!!
Sorry the kids are sick.
I got a cricut so we will have to set 1 day a week aside to scrapbbok. I love it!

Anonymous said...

How many times have I told yall don't have fun without me.

Jill H said...

sounds like a good Christmas, except for the sick part!! we had that here too, unfortunately! what is Dirty Santa anyways?! i've never heard of that, lol :)

Alex Hardy said...

GREAT photos Amber!
The title for your blog entry has me singing
that way old 90's song.....remember it?

Dirty Santa sounds HILARIOUS!
You must share the rules.....might have to make
that a tradition over here. My hubby's family has a
great sense of humor...they'd go along with it
for sure!

Hope the kiddos are on the mend!
:)

Deanna G. said...

Awww, hope the kiddies are filling better by now!

That pork tenderloin made me have to wipe the drool off the side of my mouf. Muwhahaha.

The Ali Edwards thing was sooooooooooo alphabetical ;)

Happy Holidays Amber, for rill! Woot.

On to Jr. High!