Monday, January 22, 2007

Finally...

An update. Cameron is back at school. After a long, sick and very trying (on both Mommy and son) week home. He wasn't feeling good enough to go to school, but he was feeling just good enough to drive Payton crazy. Yep, that's our Cam. Oh and did I mention another trip back to the pharmacy to spend $100 on the EXACT same medicine that we had to buy for Payton 2 weeks ago? Because, yeah that happend somewhere in the haze that is last week as well.

On a brighter note, we munched on some of these yummies on Friday.

It was our first time having boiled crawfish this season, and they were yummy! Eric got a gift cert. to the restaurant for Christmas and we wanted to make sure and utilize the entire thing so we ordered so much food, it was crazy. We made pigs out of ourselves, we really did. My friends in other states, if I could, I would send you each some of these bad boys. Or better yet, have you all here for a huge crawfish boil!

Saturday brought along organization. Eric and I revamped the office. So now it feels like an office, not some tiny room that a hurricane hit. It was really bad. When you throw away 3 garbage bags of trash from a very tiny room, you know it's bad. And then he washed both vehicles in the freezing cold. He tackled that job on his own. I wasn't that brave. Oh and we finally took down the outdoor Christmas decorations. So it was quite the successful day. Unlike Sunday, where the entire family slept until 11:00. Cameron, Payton, Eric and I. 11:00. Crazy, I tell you! Then proceeded to watch the Saints lose. Come on folks, how can people from New Orleans that play in a dome, be expected to win outside in freezing cold, snowy conditions? I'm gonna blame it on the weather, if they would have been at home they could've won it;) So no Superbowl for the Saints. But there's always next year right? ;)

So folks, that's the weekend in a nutshell. Nothing too exciting. Unless of course, you consider cleaning out the office exciting. Happy Monday to ya! :)
Oh yeah, stay tuned for Wednesday's exciting blog post when I reveal tomorrow night's Idol winner. LoL. I'm a dork, I know this.

8 comments:

Alex Hardy said...

you've been very productive missy!
happy to hear Cam is better....but eeks!
another $100 bucks.
medicine really is so crazy expensive now-a-days.
(that makes me sound sooo old!)
hehehehe.
3 bags of trash too.
that's impressive.
:)

Ali said...

Sounds like you guys had a little more fun than we did! We shopped all day Saturday! Serously for about 8 hrs shopping! It was fun the first 5 hrs!

michelle raMirez said...

so sorry about the Saints loss...bummer.
getting to sleep in until 11. dang!! send some of that over my way..please.
awesome about cleaning.
feels so awesome.

Anonymous said...

Yumm! I love seafood! I cant wait for tomorrows AI winner!!

Anonymous said...

okay I wanted to ask you this last time, but what the heck was the medicine you got that cost so much? brand name, generic?? maybe you have a deductible that's causing your med to be so expensive. please fill me in!!

glad everyone's starting to feel better. I'm finally beginning to kick this cough too. I tell you, seeing the doctor (or nurse practitioner in my case) really does help. ahaha.. I just need to remember that next time I get sick and have it for over 2 weeks...

Elizabeth said...

sorry bout the game! we were rooting for Drew. I actually have old college friends on all the teams cept the bears, so it will still be fun to root on at the Superbowl!
I am jealous of your crawfish.. love that cajan food =)
glad your kids are well now!

Heidi Joe said...

Sorry about the Saints, I was rooting for them... I totally agree with you about the weather factor.

Okay, so we are a pair of American Idol dorks... so far I have been in total agreement with you on each ight's winner, although that Lion girl shoudl have gotten an honorable mention! Can't wait to see your pick for tonight!

Jill H said...

oh my, i'll have to come back Wed for your AI winner from tonight...Gary and i just finished watching. YIKES! i think Darwin will be one of my all-time faves, nobody on tonights show compared!! i would love to come try to crawfish, looks good =)

On to Jr. High!