Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Bad Mommy

Yeah, that's me. After arriving at the zoo yesterday with Cameron and his class, I realized that I had indeed forgotten the camera at home. Bad scrapbook mommy for sure. Especially when your son holds an alligator. Not an everyday occurence folks. Luckily, they were selling polaroid pics. Way overpriced, might I add. But I thought it was a photo worth having.


They had a really good alligator show. A man in the water catching the gator. The kids were all screaming at the top of their lungs. But they all loved it. I was very shocked that Cameron was so anxious to go up and hold this one.

Started exercising and trying to eat better last week. It's been good. I really was ready to do it this time and I hope that I can keep it up. It's so stinking hard. This go round I'm trying not to weigh myself. I don't really care to do the work and then get on the scale to find that I am still weighing the same. Maybe down the road, but for now, no weighing. Just exercising and eating better. I already feel a lot better than I was feeling previously.

American Idol. Does anyone else want to gouge their eyes out everytime Sanjaya gets up to perform. And stuff cotton in their ears? Yeah, it's pretty bad. I told Eric that if someone wanted to torture me (LOST style), they could strap me to a chair and turn last night's performance on full blast. With the strobe lights and the singing and hair and AAAHHH! I'd go crazy for sure.

Hope your having a good start to Spring. We've been at about 80 the last few days. The kids are loving it and the time change.

7 comments:

Ali said...

-Bad Bad Bad!
-Cam and gator...very amusing and so Louisiana-ish!
-Sanjaya--i agree...fingers in the ears with a LaLALALALALALAaaaa...
-I was mistaken when I said I thought Matilda (no neck) would win...I meant Jordin Sparks.
-Props for eating healthy and exercising! Watch out for the mini eggs...they are almost worth it.

Anonymous said...

yeah i have got to agree with the sanjaya thing, we get it about a week or so after you. Hasnt he been voted off yet!!! Mind you he is the only one whose name i can remember!!

yep we get the time change this weekend, just in time for the kids to enjoy the new garden/yard

:)

darcy said...

You redeemed yourself by buying the muy expensive poloroid picture!!! that is pretty cool he got to hold a gator. =)

80 degrees?? WOW I'm jealous!!

Jill H said...

you hit the nail on the head, Sanjaya singing/performing would be the ultimate torture Lost style!!! i feel bad for him, ya know he is only 17 years old, but i'm sure he knows how he looks compared to the other contestants. good job with eating healthier, it is SO dang difficult! keep it up :) and awesome picture of Cameron w/the alligator!!! i can't believe he's really holding that, i would be freaking out!

Heidi Joe said...

Oh Sanjaya. SanCRAPa is more like it! And that poor little girl that kept crying... what was up with that.? My fave? BLAKE! If that song he sang last night was on Itunes I'd buy it this second.

Rock on to your kiddo too, for holding that alligator. I just added that to the list of things I will probably never do... holding an alligator. Yup! ;)

Okay, gotta go... Lost is on soon. WOOOOOOTY WOO!

Deanna G. said...

Aww, he's so cute! Look at him with his gator and all brave! Good thing they were sellin' polaroids :)

I'm glad I'm not the only person on earth who things Sanjaya is the most hideous thing ever. I seriously thought he was a girl and one night asked, Why are they letting a girl on... I thought this was the Guys Only night? Yeah. Ohh man. They may vote him to win and make a mockery of the whole AI gig. Who knows what's going on.

Lost is the best.

Saw your page for the Bo... super awesome, I love it!

michelle raMirez said...

oh that picture is so worth it..its awesome!!!
and Sanjaya?!?
how the heck is he still in the running?
and that little girl crying over him? really?!?
my my.

On to Jr. High!