Monday, March 26, 2007

In a Nutshell...

Such a busy weekend folks. Nonstop from Friday afternoon until Sunday evening.
I dropped the kids off at my mom's house on Friday evening and Eric and I had a date night. Gotta love those. Went to our favorite Italian restaurant here in town. Ordered our usual and the man came around and seranaded us with what has become kind of our song. "When I'm 64" by the Beatles. The man is so cute with his little Italian accent singing to all of the couples. We went home and hung up drapes in the living room. Well I was kind of falling asleep while Eric hung the drapes if you want to know the truth. We both slept sooooo good.

Saturday, we picked up the kiddos and went to a birthday party for a friend. We left, came home to a neighborhood crawfish boil. Then left there, ran home and dressed and went out to dinner with my mom and dad, little sister and Jenny and Ali. It's a place with the hibatchi grill and scrumpdiliocious food. (Nice word, huh?) I took Payton to the restroom and came out to find my sister and mom standing there. They told me that my dad took his first bite of steak and started to choke. Couldn't catch his breath. The man next to him had to give him the hymelich manuever. Scary stuff. He was fine after. My sis Jenny is a nurse but was sitting all the way on the other side of the table, so the man next to him took care of business. I'm just glad I wasn't there to see it, because in true Amber fashion, I would've been panicking. But he was and is fine, just a scary thing.

Sunday was church, lunch, Target and then over to a friend's house for supper. Nonstop all weekend. But a great weekend. Love when Jenny and Ali come in, we just never seem to get enough time with them. Hopefully for Easter we'll have more.

Cameron starts Tball practices on Thursday afternoon and I start my photography class on Wednesday. So, hopefully some better photo skills are on their way.

On another note, Eric and I loved this performance so much, that I felt like we needed an encore. So, for your veiwing pleasure.....

4 comments:

darcy said...

Yeah for visitors!! You had some yummy food this weekend.. wish I was there! Ha! =)

Heidi Joe said...

Okay, #1. I want to come to your neighborhood for a crawfish boil. That sounds so fun!

#2. Blake. TOTALLY. Love him!! I hear my girl Gwen Stefani is supposed to be there this week, so I'm excited.

#3. Minus the episode with the choking, I'm glad you had a fun weekend!

Deanna G. said...

whats yo name? who's yo daddy, bahahah. love that song.

crawfish boil sounds yum. if heidi can come, can i come with? bahahah.

i'm still sick. it's almost too insane to believe, but it's true... i was gonna post abt it, but it seems like thats all i talk abt these days. gahh. ok, maybe i will, heh.

i love that 'what has become kind of our song' awwwwww. supah sweet.

busy busy weekend amb! whew.

Anonymous said...

The guy did not do the Hiemlich right andt I was still choking when I got to the rest room. Fortunately the choking in the rest room dislodged the piece of meat. One of the scariest moments of my life. Such a waste of a good piece of meat.

On to Jr. High!