Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Are You Smarter Than A Kindergartener?

I'm not, apparently. Saturday afternoon, we worked out in the yard all day. There was a lizard on a branch of one of the trees right near the patio furniture that we were watching. Cameron tells me "lizards are oviparous". "What?" I ask. Surely as a 30 year old, college graduate I would have come across that word at some point. "That means they lay eggs", he says. Are you sure you don't mean "amphibious"? Or some other word that sounds like oviparous, I kept asking. "No. They're oviparous. We learned that in school". I still wasn't convinced. We discussed this for like 10 minutes. So a little while later he asks me why they do that throat thingy that they do. "Let's go look it up on the internet" I told him. So we do a lizard search on google, I click on a website, and there in black and white, the first sentence on the page. "Lizards are oviparous, meaning that they lay eggs". So well, I stood there dumbfounded. I kind of feel ripped off on my college education. I mean I paid good money for it and I never learned oviparous. So the bottom line is "Am I smarter than a Kindergartener?" No.

Speaking of Cameron, we were so proud of him last week. At his tball game, the coach started pitching to a few of the kids just to get them in swing (no pun intended) of things. And he got 2 hits!! We were very proud. ;)

And a not so proud, hilarious moment. (Just don't tell him I'm telling you this). So I believe that I told you all a while back how he had woken up and went into the playroom and I caught him with his pants down just about to pee on the wall. He was sleepwalking. So a few nights ago, same thing happens. Except this time he pees. All over the shoe basket in the utility room. All over the shoes. And who's do you think were right on top and got the majority of the soaking? That's right. Mommy's. Eric goes in and finds him asleep, peeing on the shoes. He calls me in and I stand there in disbelief. Apparently our son mistakes strange items for toilets when he's sleeping.

On the scrapping front, the Destin mini-book is just about finished. Woo Hoo! I really enjoyed putting it together. I'll post some pics soon. Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Deanna G. said...

i love your stories. so funny. i feel kinda ripped off too bc i never learnt ovi-woodawahdah. hahaha.

can't wait to see your mini! ahhhhhhhhhh :)

AI tonight. Lost tomorrow. sigh. the good life with tv!

Ali said...

I can't believe you didn't know what oviparous meant!!! HAHAHA...I learned that in Pre-K! I remember my teacher saying, "lizards are egg-laying which is oviparous and we are viviparous which is when you are developed inside your mommy." Really funny about Cam pee-walkin! Sorry about your shoes!

Heidi Joe said...

I think that Oviwhapahhoodilly was a word made up after we graduated. Fo sho!

And oh NO! about the tinkle-filled shoes! TERRIBLE! Now you get to go just buy more shoes, eh? (Funny, that's what I tell myself when anything goes wrong... it's the pat answer. Like, Aw nuts! I'm out of windshield wiper fluid? Oh no... gotta go get more shoes.)

Funny story, though... when I was first dating Mister waaaaay back in high school his parents had gone to bed and we were smoochin' on the couch and his then 13 year old sister sleepwalked out into the living room and pulled down her pants and was almost starting to tinkle! We had to stop her and lead her back in the bathroom. OYE.

On to Jr. High!