Monday, June 18, 2007

Meet the Newest...

member of our crew. His name is Oreo. As I sit here typing this, I still cannot believe it. Even though we got him on Saturday.


There are just a few reasons why I cannot believe it.
1. I said that we were not getting a pet. Never. Nada. Cam has a goldfish and that was good enough for me.

2. I'm not an animal person. Not at all. I had a cat and 2 dogs when I was younger and sure I loved them. But I'm not one of those people who just loves animals.

3. I'm sooooo allergic it's not even funny. Just looking at a cat makes me want to sneeze.

4. I hate poop. Enough said.

So anyhoo, we were visiting my mom and dad on Saturday and three little kittens go crossing through the yard and Cam immediately runs out to them and starts loving on this one. I have to admit, he's pretty stinking cute. So some kinda way after that took place, we left with one of them. I'm still not sure how it happend. Maybe it was seeing Cameron so happy holding the kitty and loving it. He's wanted a pet for awhile. I kinda wish we'd have gotten a puppy instead, but alas, Oreo is part of the crew now. He stays outside in a box. I had to draw the line at an inside cat.

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Deanna G. said...

Ahhhhhhhh! Welcome to the family Oreo :) hhahaa. He's a cutie ;) I bet the kiddos are stoked beyond belief! Happy Monday!

Alex Hardy said...

YAY for little Oreo!

now you have a new scrappy subject.
bahahaha.

i have a feeling that one of these days i'm
gonna have to cave to my kiddos too.
for now, the fishies will do!

Heidi Joe said...

Oh man... way to put your foot down. I think an outside cat is a good compromise. Then it can just pee and poop all over everywhere else. And scratch and run and play all over.

But he sure is a cutie pie, that Oreo. Stinkin' cute!

So if there are girlahs and boyahs, is this now a kittah? =)

michelle raMirez said...

oh...how cute!!
love the name Oreo.

Anonymous said...

i had a cat just like that but it ran away recently and its name was mouse

Jamie Ko said...

ooh, Oreo...I could eat one right now. and I mean the actual cookie. Kittens are so energetic and they always want to play. I babysat one and the darn thing would pounce on every movement and soooo would not let me sleep!!

my parents got a cat when I left for college. you can say Ace was a replacement :). he's a big cat, indoors only, 18 pounds or so. but he's loved. and he rules the house, no joke.

On to Jr. High!