Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Yeah, yeah...



I'm back. LoL. Didn't want to come back. But then on the other hand, we were a little burnt out of the beach. I've never realized how truly exhausting two young kids on the beach can be. We had a blast though.


The night before we left, Payton cried for about 30 minutes that she didn't want to come home. And I didn't see Cam for awhile, so I go look for him and he's hiding behind the bathroom door crying. He wants to go home. LoL. So there's one crying because she doesn't want to go home, and the other one's crying because he wants to go home.




We hit the beach every single day. All day. Cameron learned how to boogie board and Payton just enjoyed us taking her out on a raft and floating. And fighting the waves.


We went to the Gulfarium where the kids got to see some dolphins, sea lions, sharks, sting rays up close. I enjoyed it, but it was miserably hot and the kids wanted to leave. LoL. What a waste of money.


On our last day, we went to a place called Baytowne Wharf were you get to walk around and there's a live band playing, several restaurants, a kid's playground, and you can walk down to the Marina where you can see all the yachts. That was really fun. Again, exhausting with the kids, because we had no stroller. As we're walking out, I see a place that rents them. Go figure. LoL.

We ate out every single night. Eric decided that we weren't cooking on this vacation. As upset as I was that I wouldn't get to cook while at the beach, I went along with his little plan. ;) We had some really good food and some ok food. Being from South Louisiana, we're kinda snobby when it comes to what people consider "Cajun" food and how seafood is cooked. There were a few places that had really good seafood though, so that was good.

Took some family pics that I seriously need to edit. But I guess that will have to wait as I try to get our house back to normal.

More pics to come in the next few days. Cannot wait to get scrapping with them! Have a wonderful Tuesday! :)


5 comments:

Alex Hardy said...

(sigh).

those are the loveliest family/beach photos!
all the white coordination is *perfect* for beach pics!!!

so happy you are back---
MISSED ya!
can't wait to see your new scrappies!

Heidi Joe said...

I love those photos! Are you going to make another rad mini? I sure hope so.

Have a great 4th!

(Mister is off that weekend you will be in TX, so stay tuned... another girlah meeting just might happen!!)

michelle.g said...

oh such great pics, amber! your vacation sounds just lovely. beach everyday? i would totally love it!

happy 4th of july!

Jamie Ko said...

Amber, I'm so glad you're back...I was beginning to miss you and your blog updates. (I got on Alex's case up updates too :) )

those pics of the family are very very nice. love that you're all wearing white too.

Cam and Payt crack me up...both are crying but for exact opposite reasons. you can't win can you?

can't wait to see more of the vacay pics...have a good one!

Deanna G. said...

omg, i just know you're gonna style these out :) i can feel it already :) heh.

so basically, i loved it all. the pics and the journaling made me feel like i was almost there maybe - possibly. haha. that one pic of the two of them remind me so much of when me and my brother were little. he was my idol and i followed him EVERYWHERE. they're adorable.

and i love that family pic, oh yesssir i do :)

On to Jr. High!