Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Trying to Breathe

I've been sooooo busy with painting that it's been hard to catch my breath. I've painted all day everyday this week so far. And I'm still not close to being caught up. In answer to questions, I mainly paint children's art, so I don't have any other artwork that I could show, other than children's. This was my first time venturing away from the kid's artwork. I'm happy with it though, so maybe more in the future??

Last night included a trip to Nunu's. I hadn't cooked (see above), so we headed out to look for some dinner and ended up there. With a buggy full of meat. There were chicken kabobs, beef kabobs, jalapenos stuffed with crab and crawfish stuffing, jalapenos stuffed with chicken sausage and wrapped in bacon, stuffed chickens, chicken sausage, and my personal fave chicken stuffed with cream cheese and spinach and wrapped in bacon. Yes, we did get some more of those. And we ended up finding some rotissere (sp?) chicken and boudin for supper. Boudin is really hard to explain. But it's delish. And this wonderful little store is about 5 minutes away now. The freezer is stocked. And we are happy. ;)

Today is the second anniversary of this. Still hard to believe that this tragedy happend just a couple of hours away. And that some of our good friends were caught in it as their new born baby was recovering from heart surgery in one of the hospitals.
I was so sad for these people as I watched on tv. In the South Louisiana heat. With no food or water. Just waiting. Not knowing if someone was coming. Elderly dying in the street. And let me tell you, things have not gotten much better for a lot of them. A huge amount of people are still living in the fema trailers. Can you imagine living in those trailers, for two years, with kids? Makes me so thankful for what we have. And that we were spared twice that year. From Katrina on one side, and Rita on the other.

3 comments:

Ali said...

AC, mo painting= Mo Money! Must mean you are becoming more successful in your ebay business!
Hurricanes:
The only way for you guys to be safe is to move. A good safe spot is Plano,TX. Move all the Castros, Hotards, and Doucets to Plano! That is the only way to be safe. You guys should seriously consider this.

Deanna G. said...

awesome that you paint so much!!! i love hearing abt your ventures to Nunu. bwhahaha. we need to all make a field trip there one day, k.

im so glad that yall haven't been affected (directly) from those weather catastrophes. it's so sad yeah. :( we couldn't believe what we saw on tv.

Heidi Joe said...

Man, I thought I left you a little note... guess not!

Um, I concur with your Ali up there... move to Plano. Girlah get togethers on the monthly.

Just saying. =)

On to Jr. High!