Monday, November 26, 2007

Post Thanksgiving Post

It's all over. Back to normal today. Cameron at school, Eric at work, and Payton and I home. What a wonderful holiday it was! I love Thanksgiving. Not as much as Christmas, but still. I love it.

The week off started with a little accident ala Cameron. He was jumping from Payton's Barbie jeep to his basketball goal, where he would hang and then let go. Well on the last go-round, he completely missed the goal and fell nose first on the cement. We didn't think it was broken and the doctor on call that I spoke to gave me some warning signs and said that chances were, if I had brought him in, they would have sent me home and told me to put ice and give Tylenol. So I just stayed home and did that. Major swelling and 2 black eyes. He was still a little bruised going to school this morning, but he's fine. Just a very scary thing for mommy.
On Wednesday, the kids and I made Turkey cookies. They enjoyed making them and consuming lots and lots of sugar in the process.

Thanksgiving, we went to Mom and Dad's and ate fried Turkey, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, broccoli with cheese sauce, cranberry relish, corn and bread. For dessert, pumpkin and pecan pies. Oh and turkey cookies. ;)
The guys played lots of Monopoly. Ali took this game at Mom & Dad's house. But Cameron had his revenge on Saturday, beating both Eric and Ali. Have you seen the Electronic Banking version? The one with no cash, just debit cards? The properties cost in the millions and you get 2 million for passing go. A sign of the times, for sure.

On Friday, Mom, Jenny and I shopped until we were about to drop. 7Am until 4PM. Thankfully, my Mother in Law kept the kids, so I was able to shop for them. We had a truck full of stuff. I got a lot of things knocked off of my list. Eric made a gumbo for us that night and we went to get our tree and decorated it.

Early Saturday, we had breakfast at T-Coon's. Crawfish omelet-yum. Then we headed out to MawMaw Pye's and had a good visit with MawMaw, Aunt Debbie and Uncle Dale.

On Sunday, we went to church, had lunch with some friends, came home and napped. Well Eric and I napped, the kids played. It rained all day. Perfect nap weather. And perfect way to recover from a wonderful and exhausting holiday weekend!

So that's it in a nutshell. I'll include more pics of the Christmas decorations next time! Happy Monday.

6 comments:

Alex Hardy said...

oooooh. your tree is so GI-NORMOUS and beautiful!
is that a 9-10 footer? Impressive!
we will pick out our tree this weekend.

Yay for naps!
& those turkey cookies are cute cute cute!

Ali said...

We had a great thanksgiving with you guys!
Hope Cam is feeling better. I will update my blog tonight or tomorrow.
Too bad that I am not photogenic...I look very gross in that picture! I did fix my hair...I don't know why it looks like that!
See you guys for Christmas!

Jamie Ko said...

crawfish omelette?? yummmm-meee!!
mike and i would so love eating those. i think we need to come to LA and hang out with you and Eric and just eat, eat, eat!

Jill H said...

oh no, poor kid!! thank God it wasn't that serious of an injury. i cannot believe Monopoly has debit cards! love your tree and the turkey cookies are adorable :)

Heidi Joe said...

Love your honkin' tree! It's beautiful!

Hope Cam is on the up and up soon... glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

michelle.g said...

oh poor cameron! i'm a total wreck when things like that happen to my kids! hope he gets better soon.

i love your huge christmas tree! you got me all excited to decorate now :) glad you had a wonderful thanksgiving!

On to Jr. High!