Friday, February 01, 2008

Wowza

So Lost played last night and although I wasn't viewing it through my best eyesight, it was SOOOOOOO good. I had my eyes dilated for my pre-op visit (my surgery has been pushed back to March 3rd). I've never had my eyes dilated before, so wasn't sure what to expect. Well my vision got really blurry and I'm thinking "this will wear off in an hour or so"). Silly me. Last night at 10:30 (12 hours after having my eyes dilated), I still could not see. But I saw good enough to watch Lost. And yes, I did wait for Eric. It was tough though. Going back today with my eyesight back to norm to rewatch things that I didn't catch last night.

We got a wii in today. I've been looking for one since Christmas and apparently if you are not in the right place at the right time, you can forget it. So I bit the bullet and ordered one on Ebay. I've been soooo nervous since I ordered it on Wed. The lady had really good feedback and has sold quite a few wii's so I went with her. It was overpriced, but that's to be expected I guess. Anyway, it's here, so I'm breathing easier than I have been the last couple of days.

So happy that it's Friday. Cam is off next Mon, Tues and Wed for Mardi Gras, so it's a holiday weekend of sorts. Eric is just off on Mardi Gras day. I was reading in the paper today about a lady who had a full cup of beer thrown at her and her 6 year old daughter by one of the men on the parade floats. Yet another reason to stay home, I say.

Happy wiikending to you! ;)

4 comments:

Alex Hardy said...

Wiikending .... LoL.
don't go and throw your back out playing it!
woohoo for the MardiGras holiday.
wish we had one of those.

Jamie Ko said...

one of these days I will make it out for Mardi Gras. my 50-something year old parents did it a few years ago (and came back 40 lbs of beads...not earned the true way though thank goodness), so I have to do it too.

and that Kings cake...is it something I would die for??

congrats on the Wii. the Lieus have been looking for one, but we may have to change to the PS2 so we can play Rock Band...so addicting I tell you.

Heidi Joe said...

I really want a Wii. And I'm not even the video game type, really!

Mardi Gras seems a little nutty to me, I think I would like it from afar, as well...

And I can't. Stop. Thinking. About. Charlie.

Deanna G. said...

ahhhh! wiikending, hilarious. i can picture you and e sitting on the couch and you're like tryna focus in with your good eye (the one that was a little less dilated, lol) and he's all like, WHOA! KAZAM! WapoW! and you're like, huh -- wait, wha happen? hellaw?? Hellohh? hahahahaha.

Awww, to have purpose again. OMG so stoked for your new and improved eyes! Just make sure they don't give you someone else's (like that scary jessica alba flick. whoa! i'm so not into scary movies). i digress. miss yah!

On to Jr. High!