Friday, May 29, 2009

Check Us Out...

Growing our own veggies this summer. The only thing missing are the big, red tomatoes. They are coming, just still green at the moment. I must say, we grow a mighty delicious cucumber too. ;)

On Saturday, we got to see a sneak peek of our nephew. It was our first time seeing a 4D ultrasound, and I cannot believe how amazing it is. I was thinking of having another one just so I could get a 4D. LoL...Just kidding!!!


And I want to wish my little sis a happy Golden birthday today...She is 29 on the 29th and expecting their first baby on Eric's birthday! We had the shower on Saturday and it went well. I made the cake as some of you know, so I'm including a picture. Please bear in mind that this was only the 2nd cake I've made in my life, so it was far from perfect. The fondant bow on top was not wanting to cooperate, but I will say that it was a very yummy cake, indeed!!

I'm thinking that once the kids are back in school, I may take a few cake decorating classes. Like I don't have enough hobbies already...Lol.

4 comments:

Deanna G. said...

OK aC, at first glance, I held my breath and was gonna post CONGRATULATIONS! bc I thought I missed something and you were posting or announcing you guys were having a baby. But yay for a baby nephew!!! And your cake is friggin beautiful!! I totally wouldn't have guessed it was only your 2nd cake.

Anonymous said...

I can vouch for how good her home grown cucumbers. YUM! Thanks for bringing them!
We had fun yesterday, and need to make sure we get together more often.

Brandy

Heidi Joe said...

Oh Holy Night, I totally thought you were preggers. WHOA! Okay, but congrats to you, new auntie! And to the new momma, too. ;)

I love your cake, too... SO cute!! And I said "dang" out loud at the sight of those veggies! I wish i could have a garden but all I can grow is dirt. Hmpf.

michelle raMirez said...

that cake is killer!!!
whoa.
Thanks for the sweet comments about my new venture too sweets.
I miss all of us chatting.

On to Jr. High!