Monday, July 10, 2006

Nothingness

Well--Monday again! This weekend went so fast it is unbelievable. Friday I did lots of shopping without the kids. Went to all of the stores that I had been wanting to go to. Especially the scrapbook store. How I love that place!

Saturday morning I met my mom and we did a little bit of shopping for her living room. She just got new furniture and needed something big to go on the wall above it. Eric had to run to the mall Friday night, so I ran into Kirkland's and they had a lot of pictures on clearance for very cheap. So anyway, my mom and I went back on Saturday morning and she found one for $15. Regular $130. It was a little bit damaged with some scratches here and there. She also found some crackled glass sconces for $19. We made a stop at Micheal's on the way home and bought a gold paint pen, and some other paint for a grand total of $3. When we got home, we doctored the painting up and it looks brand spanking new. You can not tell it was damaged. So for $18, she got a huge painting for the wall. So anyway, I started thinking, why in the world didn't I look for a pic for our bathroom. So anyway, I went back Sunday afternoon and of course everything was gone:( I knew I should have looked Saturday!

An update on the bathroom, we have still not finished painting it. We started over a week ago and got one coat up on the walls, and we have yet to finish. I guess it has a lot to do with our being sick last week, but the kids were gone for 2 nights last week, and we were so lazy we just couldn't do it. This is the longest we have procrastinated on painting in our lives. Just can't find the mojo to finish it. Soon, hopefully soon.

Eric's birthday is coming up. He will be 33 years old next Tuesday. I know that he doesn't mind me sharing that, because he has no complex whatsoever about his age--LOL! Well yes he sort of does. He teases me because I will be 30 this year, but I have to keep reminding him that he will always be older than me! In honor of his upcoming birthday, I want to share a LO (LOL Ali, that's Layout as in scrapbook layout for all you non-scrappers:) with you. Ok never mind, blogger won't allow pics today.

Got a school supply list in for Cameron. Oh my goodness! Cannot believe that my little boy is going off to Kindergarten next month! I know I am going to cry that first day. With him in his little uniform and his backpack on his back! I still have a little while to get used to the idea, but it's coming so soon!

Very random thoughts today-I know. Thanks for bearing with me. Hope you all have a great day!

2 comments:

Ali said...

Random is what it is all about right? Cameron starting school next month is crazy! Eric turning 33 thats old, yet mature! Glad you were able to have time to yourself on Friday! Also what is LO that in honor of Eric you wanted to share with us? Is it anything like BIL? Is it language opera, laughing out, loved one, look out, or loving opinion. It must have been a loving opinion you wanted to share?

Jill H said...

oh man, too bad you missed out on getting a painting for cheap for YOU too!! bummer for you but great for your Mom. LOOOOVE those layouts in your Fri. post, Amber!! they are so adorable. love the pink cadillac!

On to Jr. High!