Friday, July 07, 2006

Spoke Too Soon

Ok, so on the last post-spoke way too soon. I guess it was wishful thinking on my part because Wed. night + me= sick, sick, sick. Up all night sick. Really and truly it could not have come at a better time though because I could not have seen me being sick trying to take care of the kids. Actually my mother in law wanted them to spend yesterday, last night and today at her house, so I was able to lay around without having to worry about the kids. I watched more TV than I have in a really long time. Eric got a free day off too. He brought the kids to his mom's house and by the time he stopped at the store for stuff for me, he did not feel like driving all the way to work. This was one bad bug. I called my mom yesterday and she had been sick too. (Sorry mom!) She got it from us!

Here are a couple of pages from vacation. Trying to stay on top of these things, I have so many that I want to scrap. Really don't want them all to end up in a box like all my other pics. (I have 2 Disneyworld trips worth of pictures that I have not even touched yet.)

Love this pic of Payton driving the pink car in Dollywood. She wanted a pink one so bad, Eric said he was even going to let the people behind him go until they could get a pink one. But thankfully, as they got to the front of the line, the pink one came up at the same time. She was so cute all short, with her pink hat on driving the car and Eric in the passenger seat with his arm around her.

So glad it's Friday. It has truly been a crazy week though. Eric was off Monday because he was sick, Tuesday for the fourth, Wednesday he worked, off yesterday because I was sick and he works today. The kids are not coming home until tomorrow morning. It is so nice to have a break after they were sick for 3 days. What is supposed to be a 24 hour bug (and was for Eric and I) had them sick for almost 4 days. So today I am off to the scrapbook store and Hobby Lobby with no kiddies in tow (my fave way to shop at these places). I only bring the kids to the scrapbook store if I know exactly what I need and I am just running in for a minute. So wish our scrapbook store was like the one in Gatlinburg with the huge play area and men's lounge. So cool. You could not get them out of there easily.

Anyhoo, hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. And Jenny,Ali & Dad- I hope that none of you got the bug from us! If you did, I am sorry:(

4 comments:

Ali said...

Jenny and I are bug free! Our immune systems are that of an Olympic Athlete's.
Thanks for the good times on Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

hey amber, sorry you got sick, sounds like a bad one. I know EXACTLY what you mean about shopping without kids...I LOVE IT!
Man, though very very jealous of your scrapbook store with the play area etc. *sigh* we dont even have a scrapbook store near us that is any good. Nearest one is in London which is about 250miles away.....i have been there, mum and dad live near there and you couldn't swing a cat in there much less some kids and a hubbie..LOL...
Love the layouts, especially the herbie one :)

Anonymous said...

hey amber, sorry you got sick, sounds like a bad one. I know EXACTLY what you mean about shopping without kids...I LOVE IT!
Man, though very very jealous of your scrapbook store with the play area etc. *sigh* we dont even have a scrapbook store near us that is any good. Nearest one is in London which is about 250miles away.....i have been there, mum and dad live near there and you couldn't swing a cat in there much less some kids and a hubbie..LOL...
Love the layouts, especially the herbie one :)

darcy said...

I hope you are feeling better now!! No one likes the pukes. =/ Or cleaning up the pukes. =/

LOVE those pages, girlfriend! Need to get over to 2Peas to praise them up. =) Enjoy your afternoon of shopping without kiddos!!!

On to Jr. High!