Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Summertime Blues

Just finished reading my friend Brandy's blog. She had a baby born with a heart defect. The baby underwent surgery when she was just a week or so old, well that was last August. She was due to undergo her second surgery tomorrow to finish repairing her little heart. Well, the same virus that got our family also got their family. And she lost too much weight from the virus, now her surgery had to be pushed back to the end of August:( This poor little girl has been through so much already, and now the nasty bug is preventing her from having her surgery. So please keep little Drew in your prayers!

Not much has been going on here. Too hot to take the kids outside to play and we really haven't left much which is making for a long, uninteresting summer. We used to have a pool at our old house, and the sad thing is that we sold our other house the same year we put the pool in so we never really got to enjoy it too much. Well the pool is definitely calling our name. We plan to put one in here eventually, which means we will have to dig up all the grass we just planted, but that is definitely years away.

This is the scrapbook page that I wanted to share on Monday. Eric is talking on my pink phone. The title is "A real man uses a pink phone". In honor of the soon to be birthday boy. It is so hard to surprise your hubby when you do not have a job. Any money I spend, he knows about it. And if I ask for money to get him something nice, he tells me, that's not for a gift for me is it? Because I don't need anything. AHHH! Yet every birthday and Christmas, he gets me these nice gifts and I feel bad. For Christmas, I actually had to dig out an old credit card and charge his gift, then hide the bills until Christmas. So he got the gift and the credit card bill-LOL!

I am attempting to make crab cakes for supper. We had a ton of crab meat leftover from the fourth. Have a great day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know how they come out. I have been wanting to try to make some for quite a while

Anonymous said...

love the layout amber. where did you get a pink phone? very cool. be thinking and praying for your friend's little girl. hope it all goes well :)

Michelle Sanders said...

Love that you snapped a picture of him using your pink phone! How could you not scrap that?! As for the crab cakes...might I suggest Racheal Ray's crab cakes on food network's website...so yummy!

Jill H said...

i love the pink phone page. ha ha, poor guy!!

i hope your friend's little girl can get in to surgery soon :)

Brandy Schaaf said...

Thank you for the your support of Drew. LOVE YOU!
Was that Steve he was talking to on the phone :)
When I called your phone so Steve could Talk to Eric I instantly thought of your pink phone Eric would have to use. Hee Hee.....

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

On to Jr. High!