Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thursday...

post. Rare, I know. But I am working at Cam's school all day tomorrow so won't be around to update. And I must. Love Lost. Too much probably, but still, I love it. Last night was so cool. Loved the beginning where they show that it is a village on the island. I thought it was pretty cool that they have a book club. I mean do they really have that many books on an island that they can have a book club? Quite fishy, but nonetheless interesting. I must say that I am quite bummed that they brought in this new lady who is apparently going to be a new love interest for Jack. He and Kate really need to be together. And I am really curious as to what's going to happen to Kate. Fake Henry told her it would be a rough 2 weeks. What's up with that? Lots of tests on her or something? So much to find out. I can't even remember half of what they showed. I'm gonna try to watch it again soon. Please leave your Lost comments on the bloggity today!

Working at Cam's school all day tomorrow. Pretty excited. I did graduate in elem ed. and as much as I enjoy not having to work, sometimes when I go into a school I get a little sad. Not that I couldn't ever teach, but I'm not sure if I will or not. So volunteering and substituting is going to be my thing for awhile. Until Payton goes to school anyway. We'll see what happens after that.

Totally random but what I thought was a funny note. Shopping at Walmart with the kiddies this afternoon. A woman is apparently not too happy about something that went on. She's telling the buggy boy "Ya'll just lost a customer, I'm not waiting for that." Don't know what was going on but I had the sudden urge to tell her "Walmart's definitely gonna go under now." I mean come on, you think they really care if she never shops there again? And 2, do you think the buggy boy really gives a flip? LoL. Just thought that was funny.

And Payton and I went to Kohl's this morning. I wasn't going to try it but Eric really wanted a pair of shoes he saw when we went on Sunday and they were really cheap this morning for the early bird special. So we went and by the parking lot, I could tell it would be a scary thing. Every space in the huge parking lot was full. People were parked in the grass. Crazy!!! I saw 8 people I knew in the store. Who goes to a store and sees 8 people that they know? Just goes to show how packed it was. Crazy. Luckily I got out alive and with a pair of $60 shoes for $15. So all was well.

Potty training is going wonderful! She did not have one accident today! I can't get over how quickly she is catching on. Hope it stays this way!

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK so isn't Juliette Desmond's lady? Remember when Desmond turned the emergency key in Seas. 2, white light flashed the entire sky, and the two icelandic peoples were notified - red flag... then they called her? And she was the one that gave Desmond the letter that he kept in the book in the hatch? Or am I totally far off. I'ma have to watch it again too.

But how was that - I tripped out when they had Jack's Life File. Where'd that come from? We joked that Michael sent it to them from the real world. Hahaha.. sell out. Whoa. And Kate? I hope they don't torture her or something psych like so. Did you see the preview for next show - something like Sawyer and Kate making out. "Fake Henry" Muahahaha, lmao. I like that name even better. We'll go with that. OMGosh, best show.

So funny - your WalMart lady comment. And yay for potty training success :) Woot woot!

Anonymous said...

You know she would never do anything to Dora. Must be the key to success. love

Elizabeth said...

fake henry is really Brad.. Hmmmm.
and that new chic is Desmonds girlfriend.. yeah, I totally was shocked to see that there was this "normal" sophisticated book club going on.. not til the shake came, and they revealed they were on this island. did you catch Ethan and that other guy there and "henry" sent them over to get lists.. so eery how everything always works together.. but you have to be quick.. they're tricky. those writer people.
i am not convinced that the others ARE bad.can't wait for next WED!
yay for pting.. we're taking a break(I am taking the break! HA)

Ali said...

dbird is right...Juliette is Desmond's woman!
Elizabeth: fake henry is really Ben...Hey said "good work julie" and she said "thanks Ben".
Btw, the book club involved psycho books authored by the Dharma people...Some titles I noticed on the book shelf were: How to manipulate people, how to psychologically test the trapped human, They crashed, what to do next, and my personal favorite Hit them while they're crashed down on 'our' Island.

Anonymous said...

Second Post, heh: OK, so I've never looked anything up with the show, but had to because I was confused on Juliet. She is a different lady from "Penny"... Desmond's Girliefriend from Season 2. Why'd they choose a lady that looks so darn close. It is different actresses. I even had their pics up side by side. Twins. Haha. So weird. Ima try and watch it again too. Debrief Round 2 coming up :) Have a good weekend!

Jill H said...

i didn't think the new girl Juliette was Desmond's girlfriend Penny. i remember Penny looking a little different. what i read from the NSBR Lost post on 2 Peas is that the guy Jack's wife was getting into the car w/at the end of the show is the same guy who Shannon was living with when she had Boone come 'rescue' her. creeeeeepy! they're always connected aren't they? and i can't believe the little neighborhood the others live in! looks so normal. i was thinking that when Desmond had gotten back to the hatch too late (after following his hatch partner) to press the buttons, that that is when their plane crashed, remember how last season they showed the time/date printout when he didn't push the buttons & that was the same day as when the plane crashed. i'm wondering where in the heck the animals are from the bear cages?? was that an animal experiment place?? ok, that's all =) have a good weekend Amber!! and woo hoo for potty training! good for you & Payton =)

On to Jr. High!