Monday, November 27, 2006

Post Thanksgiving Post

What a wonderfully exhausting holiday! It was sooo nice, yet sooo busy. It started Wednesday afternoon and didn't end until Saturday night. Sunday was pretty much back to normal. We bought our tree Wednesday night, but stayed at my parent's house for gumbo, so we actually didn't decorate our tree until Thanksgiving morning.
Then we went to my mom and dad's house for a very yummy Thanksgiving. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. The beauty part about going somewhere for Thanksgiving is that you don't have all of those leftovers, so you don't have to eat Thanksgiving food for days.

Friday was spent bargain hunting. I went shopping with my mom, my sister and my aunt. We had a good old time. It's truly amazing how much longer and how much shopping you can do without 2 little ones in tow. I actually went to Target 3 times on Friday! We got lots done. I think that we all did well. Well except maybe Jenny who kept on buying for herself. LoL. But we had lots of fun!
Saturday was spent with my grandmother, aunt and uncle. It was nice to be able to see them. Eric gets so busy this time of year that we don't get to do too much through December. Anyhoo, we had our neice all day and Saturday night. She's almost 2. It was a good exercise in having a third child. Not that there will necessarily be a third, but it was good practice anyway.

Still trying to fathom that I will be 30 on Sunday. Saying good bye to my 20's. That's a little tough. But I'm sure 30's will be just as wonderful as the twenty's were. It's crazy to think that I met Eric when I was 20. Wow, now I feel old.

Sunday night was spent trying to get a half decent pic of the kids for Christmas cards. I wanted to share some of the outtakes, but blogger has cut me off. Oh well. Have a great day everyone!

5 comments:

Jill H said...

WOW, Amber!! your house is beautiful! love the tree. glad you had time to shop without the kids =)

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking how great it is that you have a sale day the day after thanksgiving..in time of christmas pressies...we have that AFTER christmas..the day after, so you can go and see what you bought for full preice two days before reduced.....OY....your way is SO much better..

tree looks awesome. we are going for us on next weekend i think....

thanks for your votes too, really appreciate it :)

darcy said...

Your house looks SO GORGEOUS!! GFlad to hear you had a great THanksgiving! 3 Target trips in one day? I would have been in heaven!

Anonymous said...

That food looks delish. And eventhough I ate so much on Thursday and Friday and swore I wouldn't think about food anymore from those points forward... I'm thinking about it now. Haha.

Super glad you had a most rad TGiving and shopping time thereafter! How funnn. And your home is beautiful! Love it!

Anonymous said...

TARGET three times?
girl....i love even just thinking about that.
your house looks beautiful all festive like.
glad you had a great holiday weekend
Michelle r

On to Jr. High!