Monday, January 29, 2007

B-I-N-G-O

The weekend flew by.
It started out on Friday when we went to a Bingo fundraiser at Cam's school. It was a cake bingo and apparently the entire school showed up. The cafeteria was FULL and we ended up sitting in the hallway. They were giving away 386 cakes. And I'll say this, we had 4 bingo cards to start. And then some friends, who had 6 cards, gave us theirs because they had already won 2 cakes and they were leaving. So we played 10 cards and didn't bingo one time. We sat in the hallway watching families leaving with 5 and 6 cakes and we won none. LoL. All Eric and I could do was laugh. The kids wanted to win a cake so badly. And after all the cakes were gone and I convinced Cameron that we'd just go home and bake one so that they could lick the bowl and beaters, a family who apparently felt sorry for us leaving with nothing, gave us a cake. Unfortunately it was lemon and coconut ( 2 things we're not too fond of in a cake). But alas, we left with a cake and then gave it away ourselves. So there you have it. The unluckiest Bingo players alive. lol

Have a great Monday all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

here's what I say...
BOOOOOO.
no fun. even though you were GIVEN a cake, it's not as fun as WINNING one. but at least you got to spend some family time together. that's what matter right?

Jill H said...

ahhhh, this is such a funny story!! bummer about the cake.

Deanna G. said...

ahhhhhhhhhhh, I haven't played bingo in years. I swear, it's my game though. I love being amongst the old ladies with the good luck jujus with my four different shades of pink stampers. Seriously my cup of tea.

I love how you told Cam you'd go home and bake a cake though. Super Sweet Amber. Super.

I'm so looking forward to reading your bloggity after tomorrow night's main event ;)

michelle raMirez said...

you are such a sweet mom.
nothing is better than licking the bowl...yummy.
better luck next time huh?

Alex Hardy said...

we've been there before too.
i must say though, that is THE
SWEETEST thing to offer to bake
them a homemade cake.
no matter what.....
you are a *fab* mommy!
:)

Anonymous said...

That is totally my luck! Thats so awesome that you were going to make a cake with your kiddos!

On to Jr. High!