Tuesday, October 02, 2007

On a Tuesday...

**On Saturday, Eric and I took the kids fishing at Catfish Heaven. I didn't want to bring my big camera out there in fear that it would get messed up or dropped in a pond or nasty bait all over it. Hence, no pictures. Guess who caught the first fish? Payton! Yep. She was just sitting there all patient with her rod casted out and she gets a bite and I help here reel it in. She was soooo excited. Unfortunately, Cam was the only one who didn't catch one. He's just not patient enough yet. After Payton caught her first one, when she'd get a bite, she'd throw her pole down. Once I almost had to jump in the water after it, the fish was taking it in. Overall, we had a great time and caught 10 catfish. Sunday evening, Eric fried some of them up. They were yummy!

**On the way home, we had 2 miles to go until empty on a long road in the middle of nowhere. We made it to the gas station though. Apparently, we were so excited about fishing that we failed to check the gas gauge while driving there.

**On football. I love football. Seriously. And I find it a tad bit ironic that a woman that loves football would marry a man who cannot stand it. But anyhoo, that's just me. My two fave teams college and NFL. (UL Lafayette and the Saints) have a fabulous combined start of 0-8. Nice huh?

**The Simply Vera shoes that I showed you the other day. Still love em. So much in fact, that I purchased a pair in the graphite. Really cool blackish silverish color.

**I received my girlah kit yesterday from A-Radd. I need to find the time to scrap with these goodies. I have lots of ideas running through my head right now. Need to write them down before I forget them all!

**Payton's on her way to Grandma's in about 15 minutes. I get a mommy day! Woohoo! But too busy painting to go out and enjoy it. The quiet will be nice though.

** The cat is down to 7 lives after I closed the garage door on him. He's still alive and kicking though.

**Payton is loving dancing. She asks to go everyday. I'm kinda thinking she would have loved school this year. But I couldn't bear to send her a year early. I'm enjoying having her home with me. I think she'll be more than ready next fall.

**That's about all I've got for today. Hope your week is going well!! :)

4 comments:

Deanna G. said...

catfish heaven sounds fun :)

cat and seven lives, bwahahahahahah. glad he's okay though, whew!

i got the girlah kit too. whoa! i need to find some time bc i might get voted off with all my delinquencies :op haha.

Jill H said...

aww, your poor kitty! so cute that Payton loves the dancing :) hope you got a lot accomplished during your mommy time :)

Heidi Joe said...

You are too stinkin' cute... I love the poor kitty story! I tried on those shoes at Kohl's... I didn't get them, not yet anyway!

COme on girlah and rock that kit! I wanna see what everyone does!

Alex Hardy said...

eeeps!

i like payton's method of throwing down her rod.
that must have looked hilarious with you running after it! :p

i didn't check out the Vera stuff at Kohl's.
Must put that on the To-Do list!

i say ... reward yourself with some scrap time for all the work you are doing painting! :)

On to Jr. High!