Wednesday, December 05, 2007

On Being 31

So 31 has come and gone and I don't feel any different. Except for maybe the hot flashes I've been experiencing. LoL. I kid you not, all week long I've been getting super hot and my cheeks and ears have been getting really red. I'm getting old, apparently.

This fun surprise made my heart happy. All of my girls made cards with buttons and bling. My two faves. Thanks again, girlahs for making my day soooo special. I ♥ you all!

Eric got me one of these and I love it. It's just taken a lot of getting used to. Yes, the pink Razor has been retired. She served me well, but I'm just moving up in the electronic world. LoL. He also got me a cookie cake from the Great American Cookie Company, which Payton proceeded to drop in the garage. Thankfully, most of it stayed in the box. She cried for awhile after that and we reassured her that it was ok.

We then called my brother in law, Ali-who shares my birthday-to sing happy birthday to him. The kids started pushing on each other while they were singing and Payton ended up screaming and crying. She then took the phone and it sounded a little something like this: "Happy sob sob Birthday sob to sob sob sob you. Waaaaaa! Ha sob sob ppy sob..." Ali said he was touched by her emotional tribute. I was trying not to laugh, but having a hard time keeping it in.

We went to the Christmas parade on Sunday. The kids had fun. It was a lot more crowded than usual, which I didn't like. Last year it was really cold, so I guess that kept a lot of people away. This year we had two boys about 11 come stick themselves right in front of the kids. They gave the kids almost everything they caught, but still, it kind of took the fun out of it for them. This year it was 82 for the parade, the following night? 32 degrees and back up to 80 tomorrow. It's a roller coaster I tell ya.

Better sign off and take Blondie to dancing. Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Jamie Ko said...

so glad you had a good birthday. and 31 is waaaay too young to be having hot flashes already.

Ali said...

Thanks for the call on our birthday. Jenny and I will never forget it!
Hope you guys have a great weekend.

On to Jr. High!